Foosball.com Forums

Looking for used rods Tornado

Looking for used rods Tornado
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »
Im new to the game but I picked up an older Brown Marble table. Its the older table with the larger metal feet but more importantly it has the players that are bolted on (not with the pins).

When I bought the table I just thought I could replace the guys with newer better ones but obviously the rods arent compatible with the pins. I dont want to spend 250 on rods and over 100 on men.

Im willing to buy any tornado rod set that uses pins and are compatible with the new style men. I dont even mind if they are off the home versions like twister or sport. (Im guessing  those will work on the BM tables right?)

Please contact me or shoot me someones email that I can write to track down some used rods.

Thanks!

Ryan

Re: Looking for used rods Tornado
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:33 PM »
Don't mean to hijack this but Ouch...sounds like someone pulled a fast one on ya... hope you didn't pay too much for that table; rods are so critical of a consideration when buying used tables.  Is your cabinet in good shape at least, is it a coinop?  Although old, brown marbles are generally a nice tough table overall and worthy of upgrades if in good condition...  I did not hesitate to fully upgrade mine.  It's 30years old and is better than some of the platinum tables I play on now.

If you live in a big city area, I would probably consider reselling it and/or combine another used table to get what you want and sell the rest.  If you live in a less populated area, and used tables are hard to find you should consider looking at this as an opportunity to upgrade to modern rods.  New rods have a much nicer glide, with shot timing/general feel exact to the bar or tournament tables you visit.  New rods are also a major selling point if the cabinet is in good shape.  They are worth it overall even in resale.

To help this along...What city / country are you in???  Maybe someone in your area has a idle chrome rod set?  Anyone upgrading rods soon?

Re: Looking for used rods Tornado
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:46:14 PM »
No one pulled a fast one on me. Im responsible for doing my own research. I just bought it anyway. I can probably just buy a used twister or something if I cant buy the parts separately.

But yeah the table otherwise is in excellent condition. Im so excited. Honestly I'll be playing on the current setup till I can find some new parts.

My office has a 'classic' table and Ive only been playing on it for a short time. I am not good yet and playing at work doesnt give me time for practice since we just go straight to the games.

I only researched this forum and the rest of the web long enough to know that I should get a coin op 2000, 3000 etc. So yeah I grabbed this BM off CL. I know not to pay too much. I got a ok deal if it didnt need the parts. But again Im not rushing. Its enough to get me started. The thing is beautiful! And I know you can replace the counter but it only has like 1000 games played on it. So that could be wrong but like I said the thing is nice. Just need some rods and players.

I guess I'll just keep my eye out for a cheap table to swap out. I could resell the other table with my old stuff on it too.

I live in St. Louis