Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Whirlwind Table

Tornado Whirlwind Table
« on: September 20, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »
New to the forum, and a fairly new player too (about 2 years). I have the opportunity to buy a Tornado Whirlwind table for $500 that is in great shape. Currently I own a heavily used "Competition" table (I'm not sure that is the actual brand name but it is the style with the "cherub" looking men, single goalie in back and ramps, and comes with ashtrays, which I have always found amusing). Anyway, I can not find much in the way of reviews of Tornado Whirlwind tables. Is it similar to the Sport? I know it is the low end Tornado table and it seems like the men may not be counterbalanced from what little I discovered.

I was looking hard at the Warrior table too. I could afford that new. I'm not a tournament competitor, just enjoy playing with my kids and friends on the weekends, but I do want ball control and not some crappy Harvard table or the like. If anyone has any comments about the Whirlwind (or if they think I should get a Warrior instead) I'd love to hear your advice. Thanks!

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Tornado Whirlwind Table
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »
Get the warrior over the whirlwind.  The cabinet is way heavier and the ball control on the warrior is way better. I learned on a whirlwind and the non counter balanced men are a pain in the a**.  Also $500 is way too much I don't care how good the c9ndition is. My 2 cents, Snake

Re: Tornado Whirlwind Table
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:49:19 PM »
Big thanks. That's what I'll go for!