Foosball.com Forums

Beginner looking for table advice

Beginner looking for table advice
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
So I'm relatively new to playing and am in the midst of finishing my basement. In about a month I'll be done with the basement and want to get a nice table. My main priorities are getting something durable and that looks nice enough in a new basement.

I was looking at getting the T3000 since I figured I couldn't go wrong with it, given the number of adults and kids that will play on it. My only concern is that I presently am truly a beginner (I suck) and wondering if this will be too hard to learn on? The other table I'm looking at is a Warrior, which seems to be easier to control the ball on for beginners.

Other question for the T3000, are the stickers removable? The wife isn't thrilled with the look of it, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Pat

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Beginner looking for table advice
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »
Hey Pat, I've been playing tournament foos for about 15 years and I learned on a Tornado whirlwind.  Honestly I had never touched a table before my roommate decided it would be good for friends and passing time in winter months. I was hooked immediately to the one on one competition and the cool thing about it was you just always have something new to learn!! I have played on warrior, fireball, bonzini and to tell you the honest truth all my ball handling skills came from playing on the Tornado.  Yes at first it's tough and you will get frustrated, but if you hang in there and practice 5 bar skills,, passing, catching, trapping the ball on the toe etc you will see improvement. Pick your offensive 3 bar shot in front whether it be pull, Snake and practice it until your arm feels like it's going to fall off. You can transition between tornado and warrior after you have the feel of the balls. Def play different,,, warrior=slow, controlled, sticky Tornado=fast, power slick and when you hammer a shot the whole house will hear it :)  love the goal on the tornado coin-ops! Anyway hope you end up with the new T3000 it's a killer table and nope don't think the stickers come off most are molded plastic logos and they look bad ass lol. Hope this helps,, Snake

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »
I am also just a beginner. I've only played on a few different tables. I totally suck at foos but it sure is fun.  I wanted a tornado but can't afford a new one and I gave up waiting for a deal on CL. I ended up buying a Warrior and I'm pretty happy with it. Having a slight problem now but their customer service is working with me and very nice. That said, I think if you can afford a Tornado 3000 that's what I'd get. My friend has a Tornado (Cyclone?) and I'd say it's probably better than mine.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 08:33:52 PM »
A cyclone is just below the coin-op on the quality scale,  only difference is that it's not a split cabinet and no coin mech. I like the warrior table also don't get me wrong it's an incredible deal for around $500. I owned a 1st Gen and it was a crazy fun table to play on. I just had alot of trouble shooting my rollover on it and the timing difference in the play gave me fits when I played tourneys on the tornado. Either one is a great buy and both have nationwide tourneys regularly. Look up Tony Spredeman videos on both if you want to be amazed by ball control and lighting fast snake shots. Good luck fellas

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:54:42 AM »
Thanks guys - sounds like either one will be good for what I need.