Foosball.com Forums

TORNADO TABLE MODEL ELITE

TORNADO TABLE MODEL ELITE
« on: October 07, 2015, 03:44:45 PM »
Hi from Miami,

I have not read too much on the forum about the Tornado Elite Model. There is one listed on craigslist for $550 and looks to be in very good shape.

Any input on the table and going rate for a used one would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Miami Joe

Re: TORNADO TABLE MODEL ELITE
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »
The price is ok if it is in good shape.....you can go to valley/tornado web site and compare the differences with split cabinet models. As most would point out however you could get a slightly older coin-op for the same price if you are willing to wait and it would withstand more abuse. 

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 01:37:21 PM »
I was very close to closing the deal on a brown marble tornado coin-op for $300 but it eventually fell through.

The Tornado Elite on craigslist has been listed at $550 for about a month. I have monitored it and been in communication with the seller. I offered $350 at the time of original listing and was rejected. Fast forward a month and I offered $400, waiting to hear back from seller.

I have read that maybe the only con with the Tornado elites is that the rods are chrome plated and chip easily. Is this true? Are the rods stainless steel and, if so, what grade of stainless steel? 304, 316...

Lastly, any instructions on how to properly inspect a foosball table before purchasing? I have a brand new ball that I bring with me but ultimately have no clue what I am really looking for during the inspection.

Thanks in advance,
Miami Joe

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
Check sidewalls for straightness and the sides of the goals for wear and chipping. Other than that, everything thing else is replaceable. If it needs men, rods, bumpers, or other parts replaced, price them online and factor that into your offer.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 02:26:36 PM »
Do you have pics?  often people posting on CL don't know what they have.....