Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini B90 Standard versus B90 ITSF

Bonzini B90 Standard versus B90 ITSF
« on: January 04, 2016, 11:34:19 PM »
Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some information from those who have played on both the Bonzini B90 Standard and the B90 ITSF (bear in mind I don't believe I have played on either).

This Christmas I got the Foosball bug while playing on one of my cousin's Harvard table.  The table itself in my opinion didn't play very well, so I started doing research on premium brands and Bonzini naturally made its way into the discussion.  After viewing an awesome video on YouTube of a Bonzini exhibition match featuring Frédéric Collignon, I fell in love with the table.  It reminded me of better days when I used to go to Mexico City with my father and play Foosball with the French-style coin-op tables.

Anyways, after comparing the two, I started to ask myself two important questions: (1) first, do the ITSF differences significantly alter the French style and authenticity of play?; (2) and second, if the answer to the first question is no, then is the ITSF version simply put a more refined table in every respect over its Standard counterpart?

Since I don't anticipate myself going to the pro-tour or anything, I'm not as concerned with Tournament preparation, but rather with the authenticity of the French-style and with quality construction of course.  If all goes well, I'll likely get one or two more tables in my lifetime so that I can become familiar with most of the different table styles (American, German, Italian, etc.).

I appreciate your responses, as they will ultimately help me in deciding my first premium foosball table purchase.

Ricardo
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:35:50 PM by Ricardo.A.Villamil »

Re: Bonzini B90 Standard versus B90 ITSF
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 08:06:20 AM »
Others will weigh in who are more knowledgeable than I am (Alan Cribbs) but I think the main differences between the ITSF and non-ITSF tables are that the ITSF tables have:

1. Metal crossbars on the legs, which add significant weight.
2. Adjustable leveling feet.
3. Tri-color scoring beads.
4. The sides of the men's feet have been ground flat.
5. Blue legs.

I have a B60 table to which I have added leveling feet and my men have had the sides of their feet ground flat, so other than the cosmetic changes all I am missing from the ITSF version is the extra weight provided by the metal crossbars. For me, my table is plenty heavy enough. The leveling feet, in my opinion, are essential. They make it super easy to get your table level and Alan Cribbs (bonziniusa.com) can provide those and install them if necessary. Having the sides of the feet ground flat is also a very nice modification (once again, Alan can help you with this).

So, the ITSF table has some useful additions, but it's easy to modify a standard table to include most of these. I think Alan also has metal crossbars if you want to include that mod.

And finally, just a plug for Bonzini. These tables are very fun. I have both a Bonzini and a Tornado. Both are great tables, but whenever friends or family want to play foosball, I'd say 90% of the time we play on the Bonzini.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 08:10:17 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
The Official ITSF table comes with both Black or Blue legs.
They also can feature either the U.S. ball return (right side of scoring team) or European ball return (left side of team scored upon)
We only import the U.S. return for the ease it offers the player to practice. They do not have to reach over the table to the opposing side to retrieve the ball. ;)

Alan

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:08:24 AM »
Thank you both for the responses--this is great information.  This certainly eases my initial concerns with having to purchase both tables or being forced to choose between one over the other.  I'm excited to hear the B90 Standard can be modified to ITSF qualifications, simply because I can't at the moment justify the additional cost to purchase the ITSF version.

It appears to me everything on the B90 Standard can eventually be upgraded/modified to ITSF qualifications except without the ITSF license number sticker of course.  The metal crossbars on the legs and adjustable level feet can be purchased and installed separately, the sides of the players' feet can be ground flat, and I'm sure it's possible to get additional color scoring beads or simply paint them.

Question for either of you: is it possible to purchase ITSF players instead of having to ground down the originals?  I assume it should be possible, especially since the players will have to be replaced on occasion.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:23:11 AM by Ricardo.A.Villamil »

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:18:59 AM »
Alan can answer your question about purchasing ITSF players. That said, the players are very durable. Mine were 40 years old and other than needing repainting were in great shape.
http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=5058.msg23565#msg23565
I suspect you will not have to replace your players anytime soon.

By the way, where are you located? If you are in southern California, here is a used B90R for sale that looks pristine at a price that seems almost too good to be true:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252233139630?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:22:39 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »
@kgstewar Thanks!

I'm located in Chicago, so there really aren't many options in terms of used B90 tables in my area.  And yes, that deal does seem too good to be true.  Unfortunately it's local pickup only :(