Foosball.com Forums

Identify my Tornado if you can

Identify my Tornado if you can
« on: January 03, 2016, 10:20:57 PM »
I have a brand new wooden cabinet with curved legs. Looks like oak. It looks like the worthington but fancier. Trying to sell but want to price right. Any help? Mobile won't let me post picture

Re: Identify my Tornado if you can
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:05:56 AM »
http://www.gameroomguys.com/Games/New-Tornado-Foosball-Tables/Tornado-Madison-Foosball-Table.html

Is that it? If so, seems to be a gussied-up Tornado Elite, with a premium price to match.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 07:09:36 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »
Or this?

http://www.gameroomguys.com/Tornado-Scottsdale-Foosball-Table.html

These tables are expensive but I doubt there is a big market for them. Serious players would choose coin-ops. Not sure if many recreational players would drop that much on a second-tier table.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:55:32 AM by kgstewar »

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »
If its new you should be able to go to tornado/valley website and get model name...?

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
Excellent replies. Thank you. It is not an exact match, but yes you are in the ball park. It seems to sit higher than the coin ops i have owned.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:51 AM »
I would place it in the Storm 2 category for rods, men, balance, sidewall thickness. it has split bearings. Im thinking $500+

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 01:03:54 PM »
With split bearings it most likely has the heavier rods  i.e.   Cyclone 2?   When you say new do you mean like new?  they did make a table called "sophistication"  that  meets your description but that was several years ago. The selling point for your table is the split bearings as they match what is on coin-op tables.  If you put on craigslist post link here.....$500 for a home model Tornado w/split bearings is reasonable, might even start at $600 when placing ad.

http://www.vdlp.net/tornado/sophistication.asp

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 08:14:09 AM »
we have a winner. it is the sophistication. I have it listed on craigslist for $1000 and have two interested people in the first day. if anyone is interested shoot me a message and i will text or email you. the table is in southern ohio and i can travel to meet or deliver. i play quite a bit and looking to move to a t3000 which i have seen from $1000-$2000 on various media. Thanks,

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 05:17:52 PM »
Wow, I was wrong, I would have guessed the market for a table like this was more in the $500-600 range. It sounds like you made out very well. I've seen coin-ops in great condition not sell for $1000.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 05:19:36 PM »
it hasnt sold yet. Im holding out for no less than $600. In Baltimore playing at the Claddagh this week.