Foosball.com Forums

UPGRADES?? IF ANY

UPGRADES?? IF ANY
« on: January 21, 2016, 08:43:26 AM »
Hello all,
                    so my question is ...i have a tornado storm 2 that ive owned for years , i was wondering if i could upgrade the rods or bearings. It is an older model ( doesnt have the leveler legs)  any help or tips would help. also not sure on the sidewall dimensions

Re: UPGRADES?? IF ANY
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 12:07:50 PM »
Most would recommend just keeping an eye out for used coin-op....you can upgrade to heavier rods but the cost would put you in ball park for some used coin-op tables.  I think the storm 2 has snap in bearings....no good option for upgrading to split bearings

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 01:50:18 PM »
Well thats good to hear about the rods i wasn't sure if they would fit ...And yes ive been keeping an eye out for a coin-op ,just thought I'd fix this table up a little since it was free...

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:42 PM »
Actually some of the 1st run storms had split bearings, should be easy to spot as they are 2 piece hexagon style. If not I wouldn't invest the time and energy to try and retrofit as I've heard nightmares on this subject. Snake

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »
Thanks guys for the info ..really helps from trying to go overboard ...guess ill just upgrade the rods little by little