Foosball.com Forums

Need help buying a table

Need help buying a table
« on: January 24, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
I am new to foosball.   Looking for a table for my family that we can learn on and grow with.   I am trying to decide between a new warrior table fir $630 or a t300 tornado coin op, 2 years old with 400 games on the counter for $900.  I am not sure the tornado is worth the extra money for my needs.  Any help is much appreciated.   Thanks.

Re: Need help buying a table
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »
I would recommend the Tornado T-3000 Coin-op table because it is well worth the extra money.  A Tornado Coin table will last you forever.

IMHO the Tornado T-3000 is the best foosball table ever made and is a tank. I know multiple people who initially did not buy a Tornado Coin-op and then later regret the decision. Good Luck!

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:07 PM »
So, you guys think that the extra $270 for a used T3000 is well worth the cost for a family foosball table?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:22:28 PM »
If it were me I'd go for the T-3000.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »
Yep me too the T3000 is a great table I would go for it also.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:40:50 AM »
Looks like I was too late.  My order through Warrior already shipped.  Not sure if it is just buyer's remorse, but I am having second thoughts on the Warrior Table.  Hopefully, it's just that I missed out on the T-3000.  Thanks for everyone's opinions.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »
I think you will like the warrior table, the control is much better with the ball than tornado. Don't get me wrong I love the tornado table but for $$ difference and your using for home use it will be a blast to play on. Catching passes, pinning balls and shooting the ball will be much easier on the warrior. Have fun with it!! It's a good table I owned a 1st Gen and it's a good time ;) Snake

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:39 AM »
I have a similar question.  I am just getting back into foos.  I have only played on coin op's and no longer have a table.  I have the opportunity to purchase a like new Warrior for $250.  It is only a 20 minute pick up from my house.  Should I pull the trigger for 250 or wait until a major tourney and grab a t3000 from the tournament for about 1100?
All I'm looking to do is practice my passing and shooting from 5-3 bar.  Some 2 bar shots as well.  It will probably not see too much 2 on 2.

I am worried about transitioning from practicing on a Warrior to playing on a Tornado.  But for 250.......
After devoting last night to exclusive t3000 play I can't imagine enjoying anything less.......

However....I have a 3 and 4 year old so letting them trash a 250 dollar table is sort of a better option than a new coin op
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:38:48 AM by deiberson »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
Ok this is just my experience so take this with a grain of salt :) I owned a 1st Gen warrior it was in my house and saw serious play between my roommates friends etc. I had a hell of a time adjusting to playing in our local DYP on a T3000. I ended up completely stopping any kind of practice/play on the warrior, the tables in my opinion are night and day different (both in good ways) but I dropped stick passes on the tornado that were money for me. Also the warrior was very hard for me to do a rollover on compared to the T3000. But I played tornado for 13 years prior to the warrior coming on the scene. I think the adjustment would throw your game off if you play competitively on a weekly basis. Just my opinion,,, Snake

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 08:40:43 AM »
That is kind of what I was thinking, the transition would not be easy.

Surprised to hear about your experience with the snake shot though on the Warrior table.  I was under the impression that it was so effective on that table that it was banned from tourney play.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 08:52:27 AM »
The rods are solid on a warrior making it heavier. That's just my experience others may say different. Also the balls are really tacky and easy to catch 5 to 3 and you know it takes a while on the T3000. Different game all the way around for me....