Foosball.com Forums

Which pass should learn first ?

Which pass should learn first ?
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »
As the subject, Which pass should I learn first?, playing on Fireball table. Thanks for advance

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Which pass should learn first ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »
Learn the wall and lane stick pass like Tony S. I use the stick and think it's the coolest pass ever...

Snake

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »
I would suggest at least trying out brush passing for a bit so you have some exposure to important basic skills and concepts related to back positioning the ball, controlling the ball, and hitting it straight or pushing out angles. I think this allow quicker development overall.  I'm not going to argue against stick passing, go for it cause its fun...  I just think brushing is an important skill all over the table so you should spend a few hours on it sooner rather than later.

Offline Pat

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:49:26 AM »
Brush pass.  It works on every table model and is not so sensitive to table conditions.

I would advise against a beginner trying to pass like Tony S.  It will take years to master that passing system.  And when Tony plays on tables other than Tornado, Fireball, or Warrior, he plays a brush.

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:40:45 PM »
Obviously Pat is big on the brush pass, I disagree with everything he said. And Tony has world championships on every table you mentioned there except the bonzini, garlando, etc,  and who cares about those. I don't dislike the brush pass and have been burned by it many times. But unlike Pat I find the stick series easier to learn for beginners. I'm sure he will say different.... Do what's comfortable for you to start with that's the main objective.

Offline Pat

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:52:39 AM »
A large percentage of the world's players care about those tables.  Collignon has world championships on even more tables and he plays a brush.

There is a big difference between a standard stick series and Tony's.  I'm not opposed to a beginner starting with a stick series in which the ball is stationary, but trying to learn a stick series from a fast tick-tack is too much for a beginner to handle.  And has anybody except Tony really mastered that system?

You state that you disagree with everything I said.  Please give me you opinion on each of these points.
(1) Brush pass works on every table.
(2) Stick pass does not work well on every table
(3) It will long time to master a system of fast tick-tack + stick
(4) Tony plays brush on the European tables
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:56:09 AM by Pat »

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 06:53:19 PM »
Het Pat, are you in Europe? FYI brush passes are no breeze to accomplish, Tony's passing stick series is next to impossible BUT does encourage fast hand eye coordination. You disagreed with my post so I disagreed with yours. I'm kinda betting your a european player and a massive Collignon fan. YES you can brush pass on every table including Harvard, Sportcraft and Costco.. Tornado and or Warrior are the most common tour tables seen here in the USA.

The only table I can think of that Tony would use a brush on would be a Bonzini since ball control on that table is crazy, I'm pretty sure he would use a stick pass if he could he's about the power and speed.