Foosball.com Forums

New Foosball Forum member......tournament question

New Foosball Forum member......tournament question
« on: February 02, 2017, 08:52:15 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am brand new to the foosball forums but not new to this excellent game.  I learned in college how to play.  We played straight in (only off the goalie or directly in counted as goals...no bank shots or caroms off of other players).  We played with the spot rule....where if you accidentally knock it into your own goal the ball was placed on the spot in front of the 3 bar.  Anyway....I recently attended a bar mitzvah in New Jersey and they had a table there.  My 8 year old daughter and I played against a few of the other people there and did ok.  As a result, I have a re-invigorated interest in the game and was wondering how big the overall foosball circuit is.  I googled Foosball in new jersey and found out about this site which is how I got here.  I found out that there are two bars (one is Morristown and one in New Brunswick) have tournaments on a weekly basis.  Luckily they are not too too far from me.  Anyway....are there national tournaments?  I mean.....how big is foosball truly? I'm curious to know and hear on everyone's experiences and knowledge.  I am so glad to have found this site.  I can't wait to read the responses.