Foosball.com Forums

Multiple version of Tornado Whirlwind? vs Warrior?

Offline eamez

Multiple version of Tornado Whirlwind? vs Warrior?
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:43:15 PM »
I've come across a Tornado Whirlwind for a very decent price.  Also a Warrior table for 3x as much.  The photo of the Whirlwind looks like it has wooden handles and counterbalanced men. 

It also looks MORE like a tornado sport but it definitely has the Whirlwind badge on it.   It looks liek this:

It DOES NOT look like this:

The Warrior table has a broken man and is from a bar that must not be getting that much use.

I'm basically sold on the Whirlwind strictly due to the price otherwise I think I would buy the Warrior and replace the broken man.

So are there "better" versions of the Whirlwind out there?  Thoughts on this?

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
Re: Multiple version of Tornado Whirlwind? vs Warrior?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
Ok so let's answer a few of your questions, 1st pic looks like an early gen whirlwind like the one I learned on. Has a dark cabinet etc.. 2nd pic is a new gen whirlwind..The classic is a table that's only been out 6-7 years maybe, I think they compare that to the old cyclone which is just a step below a coin-op. I would go with the classic, how thick are the sudewalls on it? Does it have hexagon 2 piece bearings? Both signs of a quality table. Hope this helps,

Snake

Offline snake eyes

• Carpe De Foos
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:58:23 PM »
If it says it's a whirlwind on the cabinet then that's what it is, it's not a sport.

Offline eamez

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »
Great this info is really helpful. I was thinking that perhaps the early gen whirlwinds are better quality than the reviews I can find of the current whirlwind.  I am hoping to purchase the classic but the seller is non-responsive so it might be lost in the ether.

it does not have hexagon bearings:

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »
The new generation Tornado/earlier generation Tornado goes like this:

Sport = Whirlwind
Classic = Storm
Elite = Cyclone
T-3000 = T-2000

The Elite/Cyclone and T-3000/T-2000 have the split bearings, counterbalanced men, etc. 

Offline eamez

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
So the classic is non-responsive (3 month old listing) so I will probably end up getting the Whirlwind.  I guess for $75 can't go wrong.

Thanks for all the info everyone.