Foosball.com Forums

Looking at picking up a table, transport question

Looking at picking up a table, transport question
« on: August 16, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
So i'm looking at a cyclone II from 2005 that looks to be in really good condition but I haven't seen it in person.

If I pull the trigger I was wondering how much disassembly I would have to do if I had a pick up truck. Chucking it in the bed kinda sounds a bit dangerous. Any advice here?

Re: Looking at picking up a table, transport question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 07:12:24 PM »
It will stand in the bed fully assembled but, strap it down. If you want a more secure ride, take the legs off. It'll slide right in. In a Tacoma the rods slide over the wheel wells. Pick-up truck = easy. In Mid size SUV (Passport), I have to remove the legs and 2 bars.

No idea what shape the bearings are in but, I can tell you there is nothing worse for bearings that an open air ride across town. If the bearings are in good shape, I'd cover the crap out of it OR take them off, put them in the cab and bungee the rods secure. Cyclone II bearings should be split and easily removable. It's fine to leave the nut dangling on the handle side during transport.

Just my 2 ¢. I know people that could care less though.

-p

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:22:12 PM »
haven't seen it in person but pictures make it look like everything is in really good shape. Guy is asking $320. Can you explain a bit more in depth on taking out the bearings and bungee'ing down the bars?

Thanks for the insight!

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
The bearings should be 'split' bearings. Each consists of 3 parts, the nut and the bearing which is in two pieces. The split pieces are what actually touch the rod. These are what you want to protect (If they are in good condition otherwise, you are wasting your time).

As for the bungee. These are just used to keep the rods from sliding around during transport. They make tools called 'Rod Locks' the can be used as well. Rod Locks are a practice tool, they just double in this instance.

Take the bearing thing with a grain of salt... I am really, really picky about bearings. Most people will not go through this hassle.

-p