Foosball.com Forums

Shopping for a used Tornado Table

Shopping for a used Tornado Table
« on: February 25, 2019, 09:19:01 PM »
Hello Guys....New to the forum. I was just glancing through to learn more about Tornado Tables.  Im looking at a used Tornado Table on a popular site.  I know a Tornado goes for good money.  This guy is asking for $175 for a used Tornado in excellent condition. Only flaw is a damaged wooden handle that I can replace for about $9.00.   
   Now, I went to the Tornado website to try and find out the model......from pictures it looks just like the Sport. Tornado website says $1149.  So I would imagine $175 is a great deal.  Ive seen used Tornados for hundreds of $.  This tables is about 2 hours away for me to pick up.   Another member asked a very similar question and was told $175 was a decent price.     Is $175 asking a good deal even if it is the Sport?  Thanks guys.

Re: Shopping for a used Tornado Table
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 05:47:37 AM »
The price is good when compared to what you can get at a dept store. If you could post  pic/link to pic   you would get a better assessment.   If your goal is to get better and go to a few tournaments best to hold out for a table that at least has counter balanced men.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 08:13:54 AM »
Hey thanks.   I already asked for more pics. The seller told me he was out of town until last night.  I’ll ask for more sometime today.  Whole story is, I’m looking for a table for the guys at the firehouse so it doesn’t t need to be a pro table just durable so it doesn’t fall apart.  My colleagues gave me a 100$ budget but that’s with zero knowledge of the game.    I’ve been doing research and am educating myself now knowing Tornado or a good name brand is where to be for durability.  So I got appproved to spend a bit more.  I just don’t want a “too good to be true” scenario.  There was actually 2 tables in same area for about same price... the other got gobbled up... must have been a better model. It’s not really the amount of money because it’s divided amongst so many of us. I just want to know I paid a decent price and not thinking I paid a great price when I didn’t... There’s soooo many tables that are much cheaper but I’m a firm believer.... u get what you pay for.
    What model should I be looking for w balanced men and  just a better all around table if I were to look for one for my personal use?   Thanks sooo much guys

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »
Its a Whirlwind.  I believe its still in the Sport family...has all the Sport characteristics according to Tornado website.    Cant figure out how to post pics yet but from the pics I can see very little damage other then the taped up handle.  A scuff or two on the body.  And a scuff on the 18" marker on the field.  seller said he paid $1300 for it years ago. Makes sense for a Sport/Whirlwind. Thanks guys.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 11:45:56 PM »
Probably not a terrible deal. It certainly beats a crappy walmart table.