Foosball.com Forums

clear or white wall trim

clear or white wall trim
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:48:10 PM »
I have a tornado elite.  Can I or should I replace the white side trim with the clear side trim?

Re: clear or white wall trim
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
Yes replace it with clear. The ball doesn't hop nearly as much as the white trip when hitting the wall. Pull the rods out before doing this... makes it much easier.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »
No It's not that big a deal, I would leave the white ones on. It is unlikely your enjoyment will increase at all by having white vs clear.  If you do decide to change them out it is not quite as easy as pulling up old strips and rolling out new ones. It is imperative that all residue is cleaned up and that will take some time and elbow grease.

FYI,
      You can avoid removing any men by taking handles and bearings out as that will allow enough room for rods to be removed.  Again I would avoid all that and continue playing with white strips.   

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 06:10:48 PM »
better bank shots with clear and it seems wall passes are easier too. I did it not long ago. It wasnt too bad. Cleaned all the bearings out too while i had it apart. I use 90% rubbing alcohol and soaked it on the residue and scrapped it up with a putty knife. used the alcohol to clean the playfield too before replacing rods.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:18:37 PM »
It's a pretty straightforward job. Makes bank shots much easier. Worth the $15 and 30 minutes of time IMO.