Foosball.com Forums

Dynamo Gold Metal

Dynamo Gold Metal
« on: April 23, 2019, 04:27:29 PM »
I am new to this forum and have been actively reading as many posts from the contributors (thanks). Looking for a decent table for our family game room and decided on a mid range Tornado (classic etc) but unfortunately they sell quickly (Can be had used in the $500 range). Unfortunately new is not an option.

While searching I have come across some of the discontinued Dynamo Gold Metal tables that appear to be a good option in the same price range. I was wondering if anybody new what table is in the bottom pic? The top pic is the gold metal and the bottom looks like a gold metal with missing leg levelers but the ball return looks more rectangle and the color scheme on the top laminate (tan on sides and blue on back) is not correct. Any thoughts? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/pW402NM

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Dynamo Gold Metal
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »
No experience with that exact table but looks very similar to entry level tornado as far a bearings, playing surface, handles, and men. Probably not the best table but it likely beats the heck out of something generic like a sportcraft/harvard/other junk. Also looks like the men are counterbalanced so thats good.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 10:15:38 AM »
No experience with that exact table but looks very similar to entry level tornado as far a bearings, playing surface, handles, and men. Probably not the best table but it likely beats the heck out of something generic like a sportcraft/harvard/other junk. Also looks like the men are counterbalanced so thats good.

Thanks Alaskan thunder for the reply and your thoughts! The 2nd table in the pic I do believe it is a Dynamo Gold Metal also, the seller finally got back to me

"There has been some blue laminate put on the top ends of table but there not damaged, the tan color is the wood. The ball drop box has been taped underneath, over time it's loosened up". Even though I probably can get this table cheap I am going to pass on it (I know levelers can be added for cheap and the condition is probably ok and no doubt some previous owners tried to repair some laminate damage).

I know the consensus is Tornado Coin-op or nothing however I have not seen any in the area and I do live near Charles Mackintosh (Tornado distributer in NC) and did talk to him. He really does not deal with many used tables and even with the discount a new table is out of my budget right now. I really was not interested in either the junk generic tables nor the low end Tornado Tables (whirlwind/sport) and was trying to find a used Tornado mid range such as the classic or similar but those along with the whirlwind/sports sell pretty quickly from what I have seen.

I know there are mixed opinions on the Warrior table but from what I have read I think it will fit my needs and decided to go that route.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 10:23:49 AM »
I used to have the same model table as in the top photo, only in blue. Cabinet construction and overall build quality is good. The not so good is that the man/rod fit tends to be inconsistent... some men would be tight, some loose, giving you "dead" areas. It's basically the equivalent to the Tornado Storm (or whatever they call it nowadays). In fact, many parts are interchangeable with a Tornado. It doesn't play quite as well due to the previously mentioned issue. The other difference is the men are slightly higher off the playing surface so transitioning to a Tornado will cause some issues in the timing when pinning the ball for example.

If you can get one cheap... I paid $100 for mine. It's more than worth it and should last a long time.

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »
I used to have the same model table as in the top photo, only in blue. Cabinet construction and overall build quality is good. The not so good is that the man/rod fit tends to be inconsistent... some men would be tight, some loose, giving you "dead" areas. It's basically the equivalent to the Tornado Storm (or whatever they call it nowadays). In fact, many parts are interchangeable with a Tornado. It doesn't play quite as well due to the previously mentioned issue. The other difference is the men are slightly higher off the playing surface so transitioning to a Tornado will cause some issues in the timing when pinning the ball for example.

If you can get one cheap... I paid $100 for mine. It's more than worth it and should last a long time.

Thanks for the info. One similar to the top pic (not as good of condition) is going for $600 (pretty firm), bottom pic asking $300 (can get it cheaper).