Foosball.com Forums

Preventing Blown out goal

Preventing Blown out goal
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:12:25 AM »
Old thread but relevant question:

Is the "hard as nails" product still viewed as the best preventative measure for the goal area?

The pic below is a tournament used table I bought (one state tourney) and the backside of the goal area exhibits some denting and rounding.  I believe this T3000 is a 2014 manufacture.

The front mouth of the goal has a nice round over from the factory which is good.

I like my new table but it is disappointing that VDLP hasn't come up with something better in this area.  At a minimum, laminating the backside of the goal board would be a start in the right direction.  This could be done prior to routing the goal mouth and require very little time and money.

Another idea I had from a manufacturing standpoint would be to make the goal board an easier to replace part.  Even if there would be a few visible seams or exposed fasteners on the cabinet I think it would be a fair tradeoff.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:17:01 AM by ShopTeacher »

Re: Preventing Blown out goal
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 08:16:23 AM »
Oops... didnt mean to post this... hit enter on accident.

Anyway... My goal was starting to look like the image above (no serious damage but starting to undermine the laminate). I put superglue on the MDF to let it soak in and harden the fibers. Anyone else try this? Did it help slow the erosion?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »
That would likely work but I don't know if blown out goals are really an issue w/ newer tables. I have probably owned 15 t-3000's and have never seen one that had any types of issues w/ blowout. That picture shows some wear on the MDF at the rear of the wall but I think my brand new custom t3000 had that happen quickly and it really isn't an issue in my eyes. I think blowout was a much an issue with the laminate on the wall as it was the underlying MDF. I have seen a few that had de-lamination in the goal area but that is a separate issue. Come to think of it, I haven't seen blowouts in any tables newer than brown marbles (circa 1990's). Doesn't mean it hasn't happened but I haven't seen it.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:28:32 PM »
Good to hear. I guess I wasted a $2 tube of superglue. Thanks for the input.