Foosball.com Forums

Micro games championship value

Micro games championship value
« on: June 05, 2019, 02:31:21 PM »
Hello!
New to the site just wanted to reach out to get an opinion on value of a Micro Games Championship table. It is the glass top Arizona table with the red guys with bow ties.
It is mint and has been Unplayed for 40 years and is coin op converted
He wants 600 for the game
I am looking at it in a couple hours
Is this a fair price for this table
Thank you!
My brother is coming to town and I want to get a decent table for us to play while he visits

Re: Micro games championship value
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »
for $600 you could get a good used Tornado. Sorry never heard of it but the price seems high for something that old

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
I had a Micro Games table in College.  It was great because the glass surface kept the beer off.  These tables were built like a tank, very heavy.  They were specifically made to take the abuse in a bar.  If the table is in as good of condition as you say, it may be worth it.  However, like the other comment, you would probably be better off to get a Tornado or a Warrior table.  The Tornado is the model that other new tables played in the US are designed from.  I'm not sure when you played last, but since you are considering a Micro Games you either are not aware of the design of today or you are old school and think the old design is better.  In case you don't know todays models do not have the ramp in the back around the goalie they have 3 men on the 1 rod.  This does change the way the game is played but is better.  The thing to consider about the Micro Games is that you will have a difficult if not impossible time getting new men and I do not remember if the old Million Dollar style men fit on the Micro Games table.  You really should check into that first as it would be a huge bummer to break a man and not be able to replace it.  I think you would be better off getting a newer model, Tornado or Warrior, but if you do get the Micro Games, send me a picture as I would love to reminisce!  Good luck in your decision!

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:09 PM »
Mirco, not Micro.  Good table for a collector, though the price sounds high to me.  If you think you might get serious about tournament play, you'd be better off with a used Tornado.