Author Topic: Foosball table for office. Advice needed!  (Read 79 times)

Offline Erica_L

Foosball table for office. Advice needed!
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:10:27 AM »
Hi guys! I am not a skilled player but I have a question. We want to buy a foosball table for our office. It must be durable and comfortable both for newbies and good players and the budget is $1100-1300. What would you recommend?

Offline bolt115

Re: Foosball table for office. Advice needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 08:33:22 AM »
Would a used table be an option?  if so  Tornado  Elite/Cyclone II  or split cabinet would be ideal but require more leg work to locate.  Your budget is in price range of like new used.  Posting you general location here would be a good first step to locating your perfect table.

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:30:59 PM »
Used Tornado coin op. Newest generation. You can almost always find one in that price range. Last few I have bought have been cheaper than $1100.

Offline Erica_L

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 04:36:42 AM »
And what about Garlando?? https://recroompick.com/best-outdoor-foosball-table/They placed it in the first place but do not have Tornado in the list. But guys from the office were talking about Tornado, too. And Tornado is $200 cheaper on Amazon... Is there any difference? If no, will take Tornado.

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 10:55:40 AM »
Is the table going to be outside? That link describes outdoor tables. Garlandos are decent tables but hard to learn on. Ball control is harder than tornado. IF you are putting the table indoors, Tornado is likely the better bet.

Offline bolt115

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »
FYI,

All tornado models are not equal. The tornado model that falls in price(new) range your looking at is the "sport" which I don't think is a good option  and is more of a "kids" table.  There is also the Warrior brand that might be worth looking into.

Offline Erica_L

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 11:25:14 PM »
Is the table going to be outside? That link describes outdoor tables. Garlandos are decent tables but hard to learn on. Ball control is harder than tornado. IF you are putting the table indoors, Tornado is likely the better bet.
Did not see that was outdoors one... The used table is not an option. I am not a player at all, they just asked me to buy one, so if it is broken, don't want it to be my problem
FYI,

All tornado models are not equal. The tornado model that falls in price(new) range your looking at is the "sport" which I don't think is a good option and is more of a "kids" table.  There is also the Warrior brand that might be worth looking into.
https://recroompick.com/best-foosball-table/ the second one?

Offline ShopTeacher

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 10:35:48 AM »
If used is not an option and you must stick within your $1100-1300 range then I would probably go with a Warrior (about $850 delivered). Get a bunch or balls, wraps, and silicone lube to add and itll be about $900.

Encouraged buy---The Tornado T3000 is the gold standard for the US (MSRP is $2200, used ones in your price range--- chances are there is nothing wrong with it and functioning perfectly). This table will last 30+ years and is designed to be in bars/taverns with drunk men flexing on it. The Tornado Elite is about $1900 and is also a quality table but not as heavy as the T3000. These are also manufactured in the US if that matters to you.

Where abouts are you located? Some areas have foos communities and used tables may be easier to obtain.... trust us... this is the BEST option in your price range but I understand if you dont want to deal with the hassle and just want it delivered.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:40:20 AM by ShopTeacher »