Foosball.com Forums

New too Foosball - looking at a used table

New too Foosball - looking at a used table
« on: December 04, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »
I played when I was younger at my first job on a nice tabel (not sure what kind) and my parents bought a foosball table a few years ago, but it's fairly low end.  I'd like to get one for my family and found a local Tornado on sale or $400.  The person said it's about 13 years old (which seems old to me!) but that the rods and players are in good shape, he took care of it and it's just been sitting around for a while since his kids are out of the house.  $400 seems like a lot for something that's 13 years old, but wanted to get anyone's opinions here.  I'm not a pro, never will be, but also don't want to purchase a target/kohls version as I'd like it to be reasonably good, but can't afford $1000+ for something new or high end.  Thoughts?

I've tried to attached the pic I have of the table.
here's the link to the post:
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/tag/d/south-saint-paul-foosball-table/7029643619.html

Offline crazy8

Re: New too Foosball - looking at a used table
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:18:01 PM »
If it is a coin-op the price seems fair. Rods should be straight and smooth - no rust or pitting. The surface should be flat - no waves. Men can be replaced; so can rods. Goals should not be chipped on the outside - where a missed shot would hit.   Upgrades are always possible:  replace side-strips with the clear strips and at the same time get the new thinner bearings - these changes go together.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »
Can’t tell from pic if it is a coin-op. Price may be a little high if it’s a Cyclone II instead. Way high if it’s a Whirlygig (or whatever it’s called) - you don’t want that one anyway.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:21:24 PM »
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/d/eden-prairie-foosball-table/7029758614.html

The one you asked about was a "whirlwind" probably would pass.  A cyclone ii would be a good option. $500 is probably right on the mark but that would be pristine cosmetically as well as functionally and drop drastically with imperfections.  Older coin-op's pop up in that price range as well which are the best option but not always easy to find.   Again I would pass on "whirlwind" at any price :)   

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 06:11:27 PM »
Thanks everyone for you input.  I really appreciate it!