Foosball.com Forums

Considering buying a warrior.

Considering buying a warrior.
« on: December 11, 2019, 03:48:18 PM »
Xmas is approaching and my son really wants a foosball table. Think the whole family will enjoy it so decided to purchase one. Normally I would hold out for a really good deal on craigslist but my opportunity is slipping away here.

I see the warrior brands seems to do some discreet self promoting in here, so I’m curious if any of the members have owned or played on one and can attest to its relative quality. I’m primarily looking for something that will hold up that well get good use out of.

I’m trying to spend less than 1k.

I’ve seem some good condition tornados on Craigslist a cyclone asking 900 and a t-3000 for 1800. Other than those it’s been lower quality brands.

Also somewhat concerning for me is that’s I’ve never seen a used warrior for sale online is there just less of them around ?

Re: Considering buying a warrior.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 04:49:04 PM »
Id get the Warrior if I wasnt going to get a used Tornado (Clyclone II or higher/split bearing model) in time for the holidays. It plays very well for their price point. The Tornado Storm (lowest model) retails for $1150 on amazon and the Warrior is much better than that. Plus the Warrior is about $800 after shipping and has rod guards for the little ones.

I dont think youll be unhappy with the table.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »
If time is of the essence, a Warrior is not a horrible purchase. It's more than adequate to learn fundamentals and the price is right. If your son catches the bug and wants to start playing competitively, just sell the Warrior for a bit less than you bought it for and buy a Tornado.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:03:55 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys. Nearly pulled the trigger on the warrior but was able to find this table on Craigslist for a very low price due to seller circumstances. 

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod3980078

I think I got it low enough to potentially flip it to pay  for a used tornado or Bonzini if we ever get serious about competition aspect,  and  this also helps appease the wife’s style preference which means it’ll stay in a room where it gets used.

I’ve read enough to be weary of the furniture tables. I’m strictly a novice player but initial review for this table is it plays pretty well, it came with 3 ball types. Soccer, red rubberized, and cork. We’ve decided we like to play with the cork

Table weight is 350 lbs so fells solid and robust. Has very unique sounds, dingers (bell like) and zingers (reverberation) we’ve named them. Back of the goal is a dinger, even when it’s bounces back into the playing field it’s such obvious sound there’s never any debate about the goal. And a zinger hits the goal post and is a realistic warbley vibration sound also very distinct.

There isn’t a little hole to serve out of, so we just roll it off of the top level of the table on serves. 

Retail price is insane, can’t justify that. but my initial impression is the table plays well and looks good,