Foosball.com Forums

Looking for a solution

Looking for a solution
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:42:22 PM »
Hi People, I am looking for a solution to a problem and i am hoping some of you have a suggestion.

We have a foosball table in our brewery and we have it set on free play and we want to keep it free to use.

The problem is that because you dont have to put quarters in or on the table to challenge the winners people are hogging the table and I would like to see more people get a chance to play.

I am looking for an idea where someone who wants to be next to challenge the table can walk up and flip some kind of sign over or or some kind of device I can make to let people do something in place of lining up quarters. How would I word a small sign and what kind of device could I make and fasten to the table or light brackets.

Has anyone had a similar situation or does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions?

Re: Looking for a solution
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 08:15:50 PM »
"challenger "  chalk board....?   

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
Instead of quarters how about tokens/poker chips as place holders? Do you have a coin holder on the table? https://shop.foosball.com/coinholder.html

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:54:53 AM »
Set the coin receptacle to take one quarter. It's so cheap it's almost free and 4it solves the problem. 

Offline crazy8

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 03:44:38 PM »
I Second the “challenger” board.  In the ‘70’s several places I played had a board with “NEXT” written on top.