Foosball.com Forums

Is it better to buy a new foosball table vs used one?

Is it better to buy a new foosball table vs used one?
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:35:15 AM »
Hey guys,

I am quite curious to see what people here in the forum think about the never-ending debate between people advising to buy used premium models vs buying new mid-tier models

Keep in mind, that both these tables would cost same amount of money so it is not a matter of budget here.

vote for what you think is best in your experience?

####################[#spambot]

looking forward to see the results  8)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:30:55 PM by JimWaterman »

Re: Is it better to buy a new foosball table vs used one?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 09:50:07 AM »
There's a never-ending debate about this? Interesting. I've never heard anyone recommend a lower-quality table over a high-quality table, simply because it's new.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 04:13:58 PM »
Dont get a Tornado thats not a split bearing design

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 07:21:02 AM »
I have mixed feelings when it comes to used, even if we're talking about a product that would be too expensive upfront. Better get yourself a new one that isn't as renowned as the second-hand one that has a reputation as it has already seen some mileage from previous users, and you never know how much you're actually gonna get to use it yourself before it becomes garbage.

Offline crazy8

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 09:21:02 AM »
If you are going to compete in tournaments, get a Tornado (used is good) or a table of the same brand in which you plan to compete (Warrior, Bonzini, &c.).  There are no off-brand tables that are comparable.  Plus, the resale value will hold.  My 20+ year old brown marble Tornado would still sell for about $500 - as though I'd ever sell it.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 10:25:30 AM »
I think new one will be good.

Offline Tim

• lives in Ohio, USA
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2021, 02:00:18 PM »
I am quite pleased with the Tornado split bearing design.  Makes it easy to service the table.  If you find one used and the rods aren't warped/bent... then new bearings would bring it back to like-new playing condition..

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 02:40:49 PM »
Echoing everyone's comments on Tornado w/ split bearings. I'll bet there are hundreds sitting in warehouses of local coin vending routes nationwide!  You want table time and ownership new/used/beat to crap Tornado is the best use of your money.