Foosball.com Forums

Pull/Push Shot type pass from 5 to 3

Pull/Push Shot type pass from 5 to 3
« on: February 23, 2020, 11:35:05 AM »
Ball on 5 bar. Lets say I have the ball on the near side of the second guy in from close wall, pull the ball to have it bounce once off the wall, cradle the bounce with near side of the foot on the closest guy, move it laterally toward the wall again, then move it forward with the front of the same guys foot (like a rolling pull shot, but a wall pass instead). Is that legal or an adjustment or a different violation?

The adjustment rule seems vague to me:
21.2 Changing the lateral speed or direction of the ball from the front or back of the man prior to passing the ball is considered to be an adjustment and is illegal. Changing the speed or direction of the ball from the side of the man is legal.

Re: Pull/Push Shot type pass from 5 to 3
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 05:25:26 PM »
On Foosball radio, Tom Yore was asked this question. Live Episode 3: http://www.foosballradio.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:38:46 PM »
I was under the impression that the ball could not be “pinned”, front or back, and then passed with same man to another rod, without first touching another man on the same rod. Using the side of the man would not be “pinning” as would using the front or back of the man, as stated in the rule you quoted

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 03:13:33 PM »
After posting, I saw it in a youtube video on different passing options. The comments called him out for that pass and discussion confirmed that it is legal. I would have listened to the foos radio segment but the 90+ minutes... didnt feel like scanning for his comments. Did you have a time code for that part? Maybe Ill give a listen later. Kato summed it up well.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »
I have used that pass on the pro tour for years and no one has ever called it out as being illegal. I think I actually used it on Tom Yore at FL State this year.