Foosball.com Forums

Foosball or air hockey?

Foosball or air hockey?
« on: March 21, 2020, 02:48:53 PM »
So I have about $350 to splurge, and I'm just as big of a fan of foosball as I am of air hockey. However, I have the following options. I either get a second-hand foosball table from a friend with $300, but honestly, it looks a bit used, or I get a brand new air hockey table I found online, this one to be precise https://popular.reviews/best-air-hockey-table/#4_ESPN_Air_Hockey_Game_Table. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? I am more inclined toward the foosball table cause it was my childhood passion, but I'm not a fan of second-hand.

Re: Foosball or air hockey?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »
I wouldn't come to a foosball forum and expect to get a non-bias opinion about which you should get. Is your friend offering up a Tornado? If its not a Tornado it is probably not worth the $300. Other high end tables are fairly rare in the US. Harvard and other brands may be $500 new but certainly are not worth the investment and will not hold their value... sellers usually ask $100 on craigslist. Get foosball... not even close. Get a used Tornado... probably be at least $500 used depending on the model but its worth it vs a cheapo table.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:55:06 PM by ShopTeacher »

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:56:31 PM »
You do make a good point about the Tornado, not gonna argue with it. Maybe I'll loan some cash and just get both, but it's a long stretch at the moment.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:59:31 AM »
You can always get the other one a bit later, no?

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 06:47:36 AM »
Went all out and bought both  ;D Worth it, at least I have a fun activity in isolation.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
What type of foos table you end up getting?