Foosball.com Forums

RP table value

RP table value
« on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:14 AM »
What would you value this table at? What model RP is it? Is it rare?

Re: RP table value
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 10:19:15 AM »
After looking a bit I think it is a version of the Champion table.  Can anyone with knowledge of Rene Pierre verify the model and estimate the value? Are parts difficult to obtain or are they expensive? Can these take heavy use like a Tornado, I would plan on putting this in a high school setting.

Re: RP table value
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 08:53:50 AM »
You are right, this is an old coin-op Champion table from Rene Pierre. Very good and sturdy table, nice to play. Value probably around $800 since it looks in good shape.

Parts are relatively expensive and can be easily sourced from France (from Rene Pierre's website or many others).

Not sure I would recommend to put this table in the hands of high schoolers. The main drawback of this table is that the aluminium players are cast on the metal rods. For a high school, it would be better to have the aluminium players screwed to the metal rods. High schoolers will very likely bend the telescopic rods over time and you won't be able to easily unbend them if you cannot remove the players from the rods.