Foosball.com Forums

Bonzini on outside covered porch

Bonzini on outside covered porch
« on: June 19, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a Bonzini table but the only space I have for it is on an outside covered porch. I am in coastal North Carolina and it gets pretty humid here spring through fall. Any thoughts on if it is possible to maintain a table kept in unconditioned open air are appreciated. I searched the forum and only found one old thread about keeping a Tornado table outside but I'm not familiar enough with them to know if they are similar to Bonzini. It would be on a large covered porch completely out of the rain and sunlight. I am 4 miles inland from the ocean as the crow flies so salt air won't be an issue. My thought was to keep it covered with the cover Bonzini sells and keep either damp rid or a small electric dehumidifier under the cover when not in use to try to manage humidity.  I grew up playing Bonzini and Rene Pierre tables and my area has a pretty strong foosball scene at the beach bars, I really want this table to be able to practice and teach my kids, but I just don't have any other viable option to keep it in an air conditioned space. Thanks for your opinions.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Bonzini on outside covered porch
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 11:37:21 PM »
If you are really ocd about covering and keeping it dry, you might be able to squeeze a few years out of it. If not, it will be warped in a few months. I think Garlando makes and outdoor table. Maybe look at that?

Re: Bonzini on outside covered porch
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 04:50:31 PM »
If you are looking at a B-90, I think you are going to have warped wood and rusted rods. Although the exterior of the table is finished, the interior is not. If you purchase a B-60, you can open up the table and apply a sealer to the inside of the wood and the bottom of the play surface. That should slow down the warping but the rods will need constant maintenance to avoid rust.