Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Foosball Bearing Nut Dimensions? Leg bolt size?

Tornado Foosball Bearing Nut Dimensions? Leg bolt size?
« on: June 25, 2020, 01:42:38 PM »
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a coin-op tornado foosball table (T2000, brown marble, I think), and I will need to take it apart to transport it in my vehicle. Rather than spending money ordering a tornado bearing/bushing wrench, I would like to 3D print my own bushing wrench. For that reason, I need to know: what size hexagon is the bushing? (E.g. 1 in across the flats?) The tool I want to 3D print is this one. Amazon says the package is 1x2x5 inches. https://www.amazon.com/Tornado-Foosball-Bearing-Wrench/dp/B001023R3Y

I do have pliers to use if necessary, but I'd rather not goober anything up. I have a 5/32" pin punch (from a set I will bring, so I have smaller and larger) that I planned to use for removing the men if I need to.

A second question is if anyone knows what size socket wrench I will need to take the legs off, and what size I will need to take the top off of the cabinet. I may be able to fit it into my vehicle with just the top playing field off, but I'd like to be able to take the legs off also, in case that is necessary. Any information is appreciated!

Re: Tornado Foosball Bearing Nut Dimensions? Leg bolt size?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 08:12:40 AM »
Bearing wrench - 1.85" across flats (about 1/2" thick)
Leg bolts - bring 9/16" socket with extension
Top of cabinet is two small nuts - maybe 1/4-20 (so 7/16" wrench) i think... being a few around that size.
Bring your punch - youll have to remove the handles to remove your rods but you will not need to remove any guys.

Good luck

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:55:02 PM »
1. Remove handles by punching out the roll pins. To do this, slide the rod so the handles are as close to the cabinet as possible. That way there is less chance of bending the rods. Tap with the roll pin punch and a hammer until the pins come out. Handles then slide off easily.

2. Remove scoring beads. Phillips head screw holds on each post, just unscrew these and each scoring unit can be removed, intact.

3. Remove bearing hex nuts with a Tornado wrench. These come off easily. You can use channel lock pliers if you're gentle.

4. Remove split bearings.

5. Now the rods are loose. Slide the rod until the bumper on the end of the rod slips into the bearing hole. Once you do this the end of the rod will be JUST inside the cabinet and you can lift it up and out. This method allows you to remove the rods without removing the men.

6. On the hinges holding the top half to the bottom half is a small acorn nut (7/16”). Remove those.

7. Raise top (with help) and slide the top unit off the hinge.

8. Unscrew the nuts (9/16”) holding the legs on. 2 nuts per leg.

9. Again with help, lift the bottom half off the legs.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »
I want to find them too! My game has only few months but there's a problem already

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2023, 06:45:23 AM »
mapquest said:
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a coin-op tornado foosball table (T2000, brown marble, I think), and I will need to take it apart to transport it in my vehicle. Rather than spending money ordering a tornado bearing/bushing wrench, I would like to 3D print my own bushing wrench. For that reason, I need to know: what size hexagon is the bushing? (E.g. 1 in across the flats?) The tool I want to 3D print is this one. Amazon says the package is 1x2x5 inches. https://www.amazon.com/Tornado-Foosball-Bearing-Wrench/dp/B001023R3Y

I do have pliers to use if necessary, but I'd rather not goober anything up. I have a 5/32" pin punch (from a set I will bring, so I have smaller and larger) that I planned to use for removing the men if I need to.

A second question is if anyone knows what size socket wrench I will need to take the legs off, and what size I will need to take the top off of the cabinet. I may be able to fit it into my vehicle with just the top playing field off, but I'd like to be able to take the legs off also, in case that is necessary. Any information is appreciated!
The bushing wrench used for Tornado foosball tables, including the T2000, typically has a 1-inch hexagon shape.

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 06:21:04 AM »
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a coin-op tornado foosball table (T2000, brown marble, I think), and I will need to take it apart to transport it in my vehicle. Rather than spending money ordering a tornado bearing/bushing wrench, I would like to 3D print my own bushing wrench. For that reason, I need to know: what size hexagon is the bushing? (E.g. 1 in across the flats?) The tool I want to 3D print is this one. Amazon says the package is 1x2x5 inches. https://www.amazon.com/Tornado-Foosball-Bearing-Wrench/dp/B001023R3Ybloxd io

I cannot provide you with the exact size of the hexagon on the bushing wrench. As I know, the leg bolts require a 9/16" socket with extension and the top of the cabinet requires a 7/16" wrench.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 02:42:53 AM »
Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a coin-op tornado foosball table (T2000, brown marble, I think), and I will need to take it apart to transport it in my vehicle. Rather than spending money ordering a tornado bearing/bushing wrench, I would like to 3D print my own bushing wrench. For that reason, I need to know: what size hexagon is the bushing? (E.g. 1 in across the flats?) The tool I want to 3D print is this one. Amazon says the package is 1x2x5 inches. https://www.amazon.com/Tornado-Foosball-Bearing-Wrench/dp/B001023R3Y uno online

I have no idea.