Foosball.com Forums

Table is slick

Table is slick
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:41:19 AM »
I've gotten back into foosball after a long hiatus and have been playing at some local places before the covid. I've had a table for over 20 years but never played on it much since I had no one to play against. It's a Tornado Storm II non coin op. Since getting out and playing I feel like I've lost a step but also the tables out there seem a little stickier and slower kinda favoring the snakeshot but working against the push/pull shooter. I get back on my table and it seems super slick and tough to manipulate. The balls want to slip away and it's tough to toe them. Is it the table? Is it the balls? I just bought brand new balls to see if that's the problem. Your thoughts?

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Table is slick
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
New balls would be my first suggestion. If that doesn't do it, I would a small amount of all purpose cleaner (simple green is what In use) and then follow that up with water. I use microfiber rags and lots of elbow grease.

I have owned some tables over the years that just had a slick playing surface. Not much you can do about that other than selling and buying a different one. Newer tables are less prone to this issue in my experience.