Foosball.com Forums

Foosball during COVID

Foosball during COVID
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »
Are any of you guys playing in foos clubs during this pandemic? Wearing masks? Sanitizing? How has participation been?

I personally have not been playing but have the itch to start again.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Foosball during COVID
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 06:20:19 PM »
Our local, which I have run for 15 years, has been on hold since May. My area is getting worse so who knows when we will be starting back. World's just got canceled this morning and that's very telling. Sucks that foos is a horrible game when there's a pandemic.

Re: Foosball during COVID
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:44:13 PM »
Please help me brainstorm a socially distant form of foosball for public places that must enforce social distancing rules. When school reopens I will have a few tables to manage and I would prefer not to just shut them down but need to maintain some sort of social distancing. Here are a few precautions that might help, please feel free to criticize and add ideas:

- Masks would be mandatory
- Construct a vertical plexiglass or transparent plastic barrier above and parallel with table (basically a sneeze guard between opponents). It would need to be offset a foot (or more) off the top of the table to not obstruct foosmen and viewing angles, the top would also need to be about 5-6 feet off the floor (you do not need to be 6 feet apart if there is a barrier)
- Singles and goalie wars only, no doubles - cannot stay 6' apart on same team and cannot put a physical barrier between teammates.
- Wraps cannot be left on handles, do not switch sides, sanitize handles after you are finished
- Sanitize the ball after matches. Any ideas how to handle that during a match (besides not touching your face/phone during a match/timeout, and washing hands after matches)?

Ideas are welcome, I know everyone's situation is different but I am planning for a school setting with strict social distancing guidelines. I would also like to have a plan ready if admin in my district will allow activities like foosball. I am cautiously optimistic they will allow it for the student's social and emotional well-being.