Foosball.com Forums

Split cabinet T3000 - coin op vs non coin which is better?

Split cabinet T3000 - coin op vs non coin which is better?
« on: August 05, 2020, 04:42:30 PM »
Need your expertise on this.  Which one is better built and to play on? Is it worth paying a few hundreds more for the coin op? Thank you!

Re: Split cabinet T3000 - coin op vs non coin which is better?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:57:29 PM »
There is no difference on top part of table.  The coin-op is i think 30 pounds heavier in the bottom....probably more if coin box is full :).  non-coin is still over 300lbs.

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 07:10:14 PM »
Non coin has better ball return, no reaching over rail to feel around for the ball.

Coin is heavier and obviously has potential to earn income. It probably also has a slightly better resale value.

I wanted a coin-op but a home model T3000 came up on FB Marketplace for a decent price so I bought it. Im actually happier I did not get a coin op because the home model is much nicer for practice due to the standard ball return. You can also put weight in the cabinet if you want to match or exceed the weight of the coin op. Put a few weights or a bag of sand in it if you'd like. If you never plan to have the coin mechanism operable to earn income, you can save a few bucks on the purchase and have a better ball return for practicing. I do not notice a difference in play between coin op and home model tables, I think most players would agree.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:22:07 PM by ShopTeacher »

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 01:40:12 AM »
Thank you Bolt115 and Shop Teacher!  Greatly appreciated!  How much is a used T3000 home version worth today?  Lets say its about 5 years old in good shape.  I have a used grey marble coin op now and had upgraded the men, rod bearings, clear strip, and added the match score set. Its has merkel rods with the wooden handles. We use wraps so didn't bother with handles.  Is it worth swapping the rods? Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:16 AM »
Used T3000s are usually $800-1200 for a reasonable asking price, depending on supply and demand of used tables in your area. 

I also have the same exact grey marble you have with the Merkel rods and have completed some of the same upgrades. I only replaced the 3 and 2 bar men, clear side trim, new bearings (with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRpQzCT5GKs&t=12s completed). I did not update the score set but  I did upgrade  to the new handles even tho I also use wraps and I love them. I now go wrapless on 5 and goal bar. I personally do not think its worth the money to get the new rods.... and I currently own both tables. I am not a pro tho... pros may feel differently about the rods.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:12:58 AM by ShopTeacher »

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 10:29:46 AM »
Thank you ST!  Do they both make the same scoring"Blam" sound?  I was playing on a cyclone II once and it sounded different. Just wondering since  I don't own a T3000?  If you had to sell the grey marble,  how much is that one worth now?

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 04:06:47 PM »
The tables sound similar but not quite the same. More of a crack than a blam for me tho. Different player's shots make different sounds on the same table, sometimes a pop or a plink. It always sounds good tho as long as your not on the opposing team. Grey marble coin could get $600 all day in my area. The cyclone has very good playability I think, it's just a little light.

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 12:25:22 AM »
Hey ST, hoped you had a great weekend!  With the T3000, are rods the same as the coin op ones?  I noticed that there are no drill marks by the roll pin holes. 

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 08:41:41 AM »
The Merkel rods had the drill marks, I dont believe they use these anymore. As far as I know, the rods on the home model and coin model T3000 are the same.

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 10:25:26 AM »
Only difference between the two is the coin-op mechanism and some internal ramps, everything else is the same. Non-coin is plenty heavy enough, it won't move. Unless you want to install it in a commercial environment, I'd opt for the non-coin. Simpler ball return, cleaner-looking cabinet, cheaper, and plays 100% identically.

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 03:51:41 AM »
Thank you both for the replies!  Would you guys apply crazy glue to the goalie openings to avoid blow outs?

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »
https://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=6408.msg27987#msg27987

I did this on my grey marble coin. It did stiffen/harden the fibers. AlaskanThunder does not seem to think its needed but no harm no foul. I taped all laminate off to prevent getting glue on those surfaces.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 01:07:41 AM »
Cool, thanks,  I will crazy glue the goalie openings.  It doesn't hurt and keeps it cleaner.  It's so cool that AT has those opportunities with so many tables. My wife would be mad. Those units are not light!

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 10:38:42 AM »
From the perspective of a regular pro tour player, coin-op's feel much different that home models. 90% of players would never know but I can tell the difference instantly. Personally, based on that plus resale, I would go coin-op all day. You will make up the extra money on the back end when/if you go to sell.

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 12:39:10 PM »
Hey AT,  Great to hear from you!  Is the only difference is the weight that would effect the feel and play?  Thanks again for all the insight and advice. It's nice to hear from the experts!  Take care everyone!