Foosball.com Forums

New forum member

New forum member
« on: August 15, 2020, 01:59:42 AM »
Hi guys and gals,
My first post here. COVID has us staying inside a lot so I upgraded an old ‘82 tornado ( thanks Jim).
Been playing around with it for a couple of months after about a 35 year layoff. I made a video of some basic shots for my wife, got carried away with it and made another one on backpin shooting. Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself.
- Mike

Here’s the one on backpin shooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA_D0xmQ2nI

Re: New forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Thanks for the video and welcome Mike. Its good to see the back pin shots you have compiled, most shots seem to be rollovers and it was refreshing to see a change.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
You're welcome Mike... the table upgrade looks great!  (Fresh new men, bumpers and bearing halves on shooting 3rod and 2rods).  The vintage nut/bolt 1982 men still working hard for you on the 5bars and goalie rods!).   Welcome back to foos action!   -Jim

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »
Appreciate the replies. Shop teacher, I used to teach drafting for about 38 years! So I know where you’re coming from. You need a LOT of patience😂.
I can’t believe I waited so many years to start this great game again. Looking forward to being able to take the wife out somewhere to play around Houston.

If anyone needs sound, honest advice or parts, etc. Jim Watterman is THE MAN. He held my hand through the entire process, from deciding what to replace/upgrade to details in assembly. Thanks Jim!