Foosball.com Forums

Tornado in garage/barns

Tornado in garage/barns
« on: September 10, 2020, 06:16:46 PM »
How would a Tornado withstand being in a non-climate controlled garage or barn. Im located in upstate NY and the temps can range from -20F in winter to 100F in summer. Those are extremes but we usually get a few days of each high and low most years. The humidity also fluctuates quite a bit. Will the MDF warp? Any other concerns?

Re: Tornado in garage/barns
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 12:10:15 AM »
Hey,  would you be playing in the garage all year round or is it in storage?  I would be concern with the glues breaking down and the plastics would get brittle faster.  Rust would form on the rods too once the silicone dries out. I would try to leave it with a friends place.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:21:27 PM »
I would expect that after a year or 2, you would have major issues. I would be most concerned with warping. You could put a cover over it and keep some sort of material for desiccation inside when it's not being used. This might buy you a bit more time but ultimately that will be a losing battle.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 03:03:44 PM »
Im not storing one. I have a couple at work (and one at home) and my coworker is thinking about getting one but does not have room in his house and wanted to put it in his workshop/garage. I was not sure how it would hold up without heat/AC and said I would ask you guys. Thanks.