Foosball.com Forums

Used Tornado Table Questions

Used Tornado Table Questions
« on: October 02, 2020, 12:33:13 PM »
Hello All.  I had a question for the community.  I bought a used Tornado table (i play on a Warrior table at work), and I am in process of cleaning restoring it.  Can anyone help me identify which table I have?  It seems like a very solid table with a Marble type finish, the side walls are 1.5 inches thick, the men our counter balanced, but the weird thing is it doesn't have any ball return.

My second question is...is there a kit or does anyone know of parts and modifications (plans that exist) to add a ball return?

I couldn't figure out how to add images directly here so here is a link to pictures of the table.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak22CpSkEJXDgQADMVJY42KxckFU?e=ABBG9u

Thank you in advance for any information and help!

Re: Used Tornado Table Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:24:09 PM »
Dont know the model but have seen these tables without a ball return. If your handy at all and have access to drill/jig saw/router you can cut holes in the sidewall and fabricate ramps with railings to return balls to those holes. If I were to do that I would have a hole on each side and have the ball return to the side that scores. Example: yellow scores into black goal, ball returns to yellow. Same for black. Reasoning: two people could practice shooting drills at the same time and have the ball return to themselves. If you'll never (or rarely) be in that situation have both ramps return the ball to yellow.

Or you can just pick the ball out of the goal each time and call it a day.

I like how the bottom has playfield graphics on the bottom. Misalignment on the printer/roller, oops... flip it over and run it again.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »
ST is correct, it would not be incredibly difficult to fabricate returns. There are plenty of images of the insides of commercial tables. This will give you a good idea of how they function. If you aren't comfortable with that route, there are plenty of tables on the market that have side ball returns. The ones with goals on the ends are a PITA to play on.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »
Maybe even have the ball ramp down to below the sidewall. Have a little basket or ball catch down there, then you wouldnt need to cut into the sidewall but you would still need to fab a ramp. Have both ramps can be done with less than half a sheet of 1/4" ply.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:11:30 PM »
Thanks all for taking a look and replying!!!