Foosball.com Forums

Tornado Base

Tornado Base
« on: November 19, 2020, 12:50:38 AM »
Hey all - I just took possession of the top half of a tornado table. Surface, rods, men, bearings, cabinet and hinges in good shape.

Rather than build a base from scratch, I’d love to find a base somewhere.

I am aware that the split upper and lower cabinets are simply one table cut in half lengthwise, but figure the tolerances are good enough that the hinges and locking tabs would still line up.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a base? Anyone with a table with a damaged top willing to sell their base?

Not even sure where to look. Will build if necessary, but prefer to buy an orphaned bottom cabinet.

Thanks all!

- Dan

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Tornado Base
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 10:48:45 PM »
Good luck. I've been buying and selling tables for almost 15 years and have never seen or heard of just a base for sale (or top half for that matter). You are going to need to build it yourself. Other best use would probably to strip the parts and sell or use them. I've seen some cool artwork done with playing surfaces.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 10:50:05 PM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:49:17 PM »
Probably will be harvested for parts, but will keep looking. If I can end up with a top, there must be an orphaned base somewhere.

Also hoping to pick up a complete table... we shall see!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 12:33:26 AM by Rider14 »

Offline crazy8

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 11:05:43 AM »
There are some trashed tables out there. Some needing new playing surfaces. For a couple hundred dollars you should be able to find one. Keep an eye on Craigslist and EBay. I’ve seen them pop up.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »
Anyone? I found and bought a complete table, but still have the complete top of split table.

If I have an orphan top, there must be an orphan bottom out there, and I can't think of anywhere else to post!

Let me know everyone. Very happy I bought a complete table, but rather than tear this other one down for parts, would prefer to turn it into a complete table.

Thanks!

-Dan

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 07:38:48 PM »
In the words of the Magic 8 Ball: Outlook not so good. Build one. I rarely see Tornados pop up on CL, FB Marketplace. Ive never seen a half table. You'll seriously look for years and not find what you need. Even if somebody that happens to read this post has one, chances are they are not in driving distance so shipping the bottom half of a table is not going to be cheap. Get some ply or MDF, a 4x4, a couple 2x4s, and paint and call it a day.... or sell it for parts.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 11:07:29 PM »
I hear you, just being hopeful.

Will probably remove the bearings and rods and men and store them all in the storage space in back of the new table.

Then maybe sell the top as a clean surface replacement for someone with a trashed top.

Anyway, let me know if you can surprise me with a bottom!

- Dan