Foosball.com Forums

Body aches and pains

Body aches and pains
« on: January 27, 2021, 10:46:30 AM »
I'm finding after one game (not a match) my back is really paying the price.  Not as smooth or as fast as I was 35-40 years ago, but really enjoy the game more than ever. Just wish the lower back and the hands didn't hurt so quickly and so much.

Any advice for us players that are closer to 70 than 60?

Re: Body aches and pains
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 04:24:42 AM »
Sorry to hear that... Just accept the truth that you are not as young as you used to be and try to use slower but more effective techniques. My grandfather is about 80 years old and he taught me everything I know at his property in Germany just in three months. He's not a fast player but he's the best one I have ever seen so far.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 04:24:34 PM »
Thanks Carlton. It’s promising to hear that other older seniors still can play. I agree that while we can’t go on forever playing with the same speed and reflexes from years gone by it is good advice to limit your excessive movement by making better ( more appropriate and effective ) shots. Thank you for the reply!

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 07:12:29 PM »
Never too old to foos and it sounds like you are winning a lot.  Are you playing singles or doubles?  Wear a good pair of shoes/runners.  Not sure if you are using wraps for the handles as it will provide a bit more grip without too much pressure.  It all about having fun!

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 03:59:23 PM »
Mostly just singles right now with my young bride, and an old pal rehabbing his broken shoulder. And both of them are kickin my butt! :-)

But yeah, its all fun!