Foosball.com Forums

Review New Warrior Table (QA Issues)

Review New Warrior Table (QA Issues)
« on: April 02, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
Based on advice from this site as well as others, we pulled the trigger on a new Warrior foosball table.
We got it together but I think others may want to be aware of the QA issues encountered.

https://tinyurl.com/bsbjxme8

1) Both sides with legs were pulling apart as the thin nails pulled out easily. I added wood glue and clamped.
2) Ball return middle board support came cracked.
3) Gouge on play surface. It looks like somebody may have gouged it and tried to glue the piece back on to the surface.
4) Scrape marks on the play surface - looks like somebody may have scraped poles across the surface.
5) Nut missing to secure the end top plates.
6) Poor application of finish.
7) Support bracket for ball return manufacturer defect - pin not present. Support bracket unusable.
8) Three of the poles seem to be scraping inside of the bearings. The rest glide very easily. Yes, we have lubricated. Are the bearings not molded correctly?

I can deal with all of it except #8. I have a huge pet peeve when poles have varying resistance per side or per pole. I'm not sure what I can do to get the bearings to work uniformly - waiting to hear what warrior will do for me.

Re: Review New Warrior Table (QA Issues)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:09:01 PM »
Sorry about these issues, you should try to get them to replace it or straight up return it. A new product should not have any of those issues. Most of us here push Tornado heavily but many cant find a used one or cant afford a new one. So dollar for dollar the Warrior is best option in terms of playability in US.

This may help number 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRpQzCT5GKs&t=1s&ab_channel=NextLevelFoosball
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:13:39 PM by ShopTeacher »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 12:27:15 PM »
Wow that sucks. Hopefully they will take care of you. The owner (Brendan Flaherty) is pretty active on social media so you might want to try that route. As to the bearing issue, make sure the table is fully level. Sometimes, if the cabinet is a bit unlevel it will result in the bearings being out of alignment and they will drag. Adjust the legs a tiny bit and see if that solves the issue. Otherwise, clean the bearings and lube everything.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 01:47:32 PM »
That video is amazing! Definitely going to try some more cleaning and lubing first.
Thanks for the advice, all!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 08:35:44 AM »
Agree. I couldn’t deal with those issues, especially being brand new. The table should be pristine coming out of the box. A few dings on the cabinet, sure. Anything that has to do with the surface or gameplay, no thanks.