Foosball.com Forums

Tournament Soccer table with angled legs

Tournament Soccer table with angled legs
« on: July 05, 2021, 04:39:08 AM »
Hello, just discovered this forum while looking for an answer to my question. I'm glad to see some oldtimers here like me.

I played on Tournament Soccer tables throughout the 80s. Then I didn't play for about 30 yrs, and then recently got a free Cooper table which has been okay for my family (I'm not close to tournament level).

I have an opportunity to buy an old brown-top TS table, but the photos show angled legs mounted on the sides of the cabinet, and skinnier than the big square legs at the four corners, that I'm used to.

Can anyone tell me whether the angled legs would be as strong and stable as the corner legs?

Also, could anyone comment on whether the old TS table would play better than the Cooper table? I suspect so, since TS tables were used in tournaments, but I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

Here's a Cooper table identical to mine: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/sarnia/cooper-foosball-table-54-lg-x-29-w/1573700321?undefined

Thanks!

Oh, one more question I thought of while reminiscing about TS tables: I remember the players being slightly loose on the bars on some tables, despite the screws and nuts seeming to be tight. I never looked into the problem (weren't my tables) but does anyone know if that can be fixed?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 05:30:37 AM by NinjaEngineerFromHell »

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
Re: Tournament Soccer table with angled legs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 08:55:12 PM »
Almost any table will play better than the generic, Chinese made table that is in that pic. Modern tables have advanced quite a bit since the TS days. I know lots of folks are partial to how those tables play but nowadays you will have difficulty finding parts for them (modern TS tables are just as bad as the table pictured) and most are so old that they need a lots of things fixed before they will play well. If you want a table that is well built, has replacement/upgrade parts available, and will allow a consistent and accurate game to be played, you are going to be stuck with a few brands. Good news is if you are patient, you can usually find one for about the same price as a cheap, mass produced table. Tornado, Warrior, Shelti, Fireball are the top American tables. Good Euro tables are Garlando, Bonzini, Leonhart, TecBall. You will be hard pressed to find those because they are rare and they are quite different than the American tables.

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 09:46:32 PM »
Hey thanks a lot. Appreciate the reply. I have been keeping an eye open for used Tornados (even though I've never played on one) but those are pretty expensive. I didn't know about the other brands so thanks, I'll watch for those.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 01:58:05 PM »
No problem. Good luck with the search.