Foosball.com Forums

Which shooting style is better? Palm or wrist?

Re: Which shooting style is better? Palm or wrist?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 11:11:04 PM »
I use a front pin pull kick open palm that I go all three lanes if that is where I have to go. It's funny but in reading defense it seems they are either strong on push or strong on pull but then they are weak on pull or weak on push.  So then the game is execution, having the shots to take advantage, having the passing game to get the ball to then take advantage. This game is about breaking it down to the basic elements and deciding for yourself where you attack the most efficiently. You build your arsenal of shots and make wise use of them, that is the game,,,,

Offline foosinaround69

• No garder snakeshot here, just the AnacondaBackpin
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
Very well spoken my friend :) It doesn't get any more simple than that!!

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Which shooting style is better? Palm or wrist? - bbtuna response to Riso
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »
Rios,

sorry I didn't respond sooner, I lost the site and kept waiting for it to come back and I accidentaly got back today and low and behold the site was never down

anyway, i got my panties in a bunch because of the "hack" comment - I missed your smilely wink face and didn't get that as sarcastic humor so my bad, sorry

on Chris Dube, I know him personally and have played him and thought he was a good example (exception for sure but still proof the open hand is alive) and you suggested him not even a semi-pro which curddled my milk a little...no worries though, Chris can defend himself if he wants to, maybe you will get the privelege of playing him some day and you will see the art of the open-handed pullkick

and finally on the Euro Pin...you can not dismiss this by saying the Euro Pin, "is open handed by nature" well the rollover flips over by nature but that doesn't make any less a rollover...I am just trying to be funny...the Euro Pin is one of the great open-handed shots and saying the open-handed part of the shot (which is the entrie shot) is "natural" and so it can't be counted is at the very least faulty logic

the Open-handed shot is 90% of the Euro shots because of the Euro tables which are heavy into control...this makes shooting "inline" set shots (pulls, pushkicks, pullkicks, pushes) so hard the vast majority won't use them and now they have years of culture with the front toe and the best player in the world, possiblly ever, shoots their shot...only countries switching to Tornado (like Britian) are going to develop an American style game

in the US, we are primarily Tornado and it has the least amount of control of all the ITSF tables and doesn't lend itself to the Euro Pin (palm roll) although it can be done as Fred and other Euros have proven

one of the main reasons you don't see more pull/pushkicks is because the front face of the man is curved and it makes hitting accurate consistent angles very very difficult (not because a palm roll doesn't work)...a couple of exceptions but only one or two and all second level right now (Jeep's pushkick was the last at the top and Chris Dubes' pullkick the last of the those [well and Thor I hear is great but he was never at the top])

you are right though, as a general rule on Tornado, there are NO players in the top 80 (I just looked at the list) who shoot open-handed with their primary shot (exception already noted in Fred)

sorry I think I was having a bad couple of days...you make a good point, not many palm rolls but it isn't because the palm roll isn't any good, it is because the table doesn't lend itself to people shooting it and there are other shots that are easier to do on this table and which have a long varied history of success (on our table)

Offline Rios

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2008, 10:56:56 PM »
bb-
Not a problem, I just think things were misunderstood or taken the wrong way.

Again, I totally believe you that Chris is a great player and I would love to play him someday, I always love playing good players. Shoot, he has to be good if he is ranked a pro-master!  And like I said he must be an exception to the rule, which apparantly he is. I obviously did not know who he was if I assumed that he was a semi-pro. 

long live the foos!