Foosball.com Forums

just bought a used Tornado Sport... many questions

just bought a used Tornado Sport... many questions
« on: November 01, 2021, 05:37:56 PM »
Hi there, I just bought a used Tornado Sport in excellent condition, except that it was in a warehouse for years, collecting construction dust. I'd like your expert advice on how to bring it back to good working order:

1. the dust is all over the bars, and now in the bearings too. Pretty rough action at the moment. Do I need to replace the bearings, or just clean them?
2. are the bearings just plastic, and easy to take out and wash, or are there actual ball bearings in there (highly doubt it)
3. Do I need to remove the men to remove the rods to get the bearings out?
4. If so, I'm guessing I need a Tornado tool to do that?
5. How do you level this table? It has "boot levelers" or something like that, but does that mean I need to insert shims or something like that, inside the boots? And if so, are those made and sold by Tornado?

Any other advice you can give me? The table doesn't have to be fantastic; just good playing condition.

Thanks for any help.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:39:07 PM by NinjaEngineerFromHell »

Re: just bought a used Tornado Sport... many questions
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 05:44:30 PM »
I believe the sport model are the snap in bearings, if so, youll need to remove all the guys and handles to remove the rod and bearings for cleaning. They are all plastic, clean with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. You'll need a 5/32" punch to pound out your pins, Ive heard of some people using a nail instead of a punch. Leveling - yes shims, you might be able to get away with thin plywood, cardboard, cardstock to complete the job. Good luck

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 08:48:51 PM »
Thanks for the info! After looking at the table some more, it looks and feels like the bars have never been lubed. Totally dry. So I'm hoping I can just vacuum everything thoroughly and lube the bars. The table is in superb condition other than the dust. I think I got a good deal for $300.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 05:37:46 PM »
Don't use oil based lube. Use silicone based lube

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 02:29:54 AM »
Thanks, yes I already have some silicone lube.

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 12:27:19 AM »
If you do plan to remove or rotate the bearing 180 degrees.  Use a 15/16" socket to press the snap on end in so it's easier to remove.  A few new Tornado foosballs and some handle wraps will make a difference too IMO.  Good luck and congrats!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 11:50:04 AM »
Thanks for the advice!