Foosball.com Forums

tornado split cabinet

tornado split cabinet
« on: February 05, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »
Too far from me....looks like a very good deal for someone though!
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/d/broomall-tornado-3000-foosball-table/7273022232.html

Re: tornado split cabinet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
I would have bought this in a heartbeat if it was closer.  I've been watching the T3000's in my area (California) and used ones are going for $1200+.  And that's me willing to travel over 4 hrs in any direction to get it - anywhere from LA to San Fran.   

The only T3000 I've seen under $1200 in the last few months is one that was used outdoors.  The cabinet laminate was peeling off, the handles were cracked, the men were cracked, etc, etc, and they still wanted $700 for it and it sold so they must have gotten something close to that.  It's insane the price differences in different locals of the US. 

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 05:00:56 PM »
Just bought the same table last week here FL for $500. Honestly, that's not that much under market price for this area. Coin-op T3000's command much more but the market for split cabinet non-coin is very small. If someone can spend north of $1000 on a foosball table they are either 1. a tournament player, who is likely to buy a coin-op or 2. someone with money to blow, who will likely just buy a new one for a few hundred more. I buy and resell lots of tables and very rarely buy non-coin op tables unless they can be had for $250 or less. The only reason I bought that one is because a local player needed one really bad and didn't care that it wasn't a coin-op. Not saying that isn't a good deal, as someone else mentioned, prices are quite different based on where you live.   

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:12:38 PM »
Thats an interesting topic...what are the going prices for used tables around the country?  Where i am in northeast an excellent condition cyclone II will go for ~$500 (as a point of reference). Keep in mind ...not what you would pay but what a table listed on facebook/craigslist will go for.  I did sell a Cyclone II in 2019 and sold quickly at $500.

Cosmetic condition is biggest factor outside the "tournament player" circle.  A very good condition t2000 with only issue outside laminate damage is harder to sell @ $400 than an excellent condition  Storm II.  Keeping in mind the used Storm II is a much better table than similar priced new "wallmart" tables.  I know that is blasphemy to most people on here ...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:32:33 PM by bolt115 »

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
I can only speak for florida and georgia but tornados are cheap down here. I actually shipped a coin-op to oregon once and even with shipping, it was much cheaper than what he could find locally. I was shocked.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »
I've been looking the last few months.  I'm on the Central Coast California pretty much halfway between LA and San Fran.   Tables are expensive in California.

T3000's in excellent condition are going anywhere from $1200-$1500 (non-coin-op).  Even beat down ones are going for $700+
T2000's in good condition are going for around $800.  Some are even asking $1100 for coin-op T2000's.
Cyclone II's seem to be going for around $600-$700
Storm II's are listed at $500.
I've even seen some Whirlwinds listed on Facebook for $600.

I picked up my Cyclone II a few weeks ago for $400, it was advertised for $475 but he was nice enough to take $75 off since I had to drive 4 hours each way to get it.  With that being said though, it was not in perfect condition.  The rods were good and the playfield was flat and not delaminating so that was a plus. 

However:
-- the black top shell laminate that runs over the top of the rod holes was missing on both sides.
-- It was VERY dirty!
-- One of the guys was broken
-- Another cracked. 
-- Some of the bumpers were shot.
-- After taking it apart to clean it, quite a few of the bearing nuts were broken and just being held in place.
-- One of the corner beer coasters was cracked
-- Wood handles were pretty nasty and grimy

I spent about $200 fixing the broken parts and upgrading things like the handles, side trim, front three shooting men on each side to the new style men, etc, etc.  But now I have (or will have as I'm planning to put it all together this weekend) a very smooth playing cyclone 2 for around $600.  The difficult part is going to be fixing the black laminate.  I ended up buying some black 2" edge banding that I'm going to apply to the tops.  The edge banding has a solid glue backing on it where take a hot iron and just heat up the top.  After it's glued down, I'll then use my flush trim router bit to trim off the excess.  That's my project this weekend.  Hope to Have some pictures this weekend.  As a side note, for those of you that still have the white trim pieces, the table looks so much better with the clear ones!  It's almost like the white trim makes the table look cheap.

So long story short, California is super expensive. 

I'm still debating on contacting the guy above to see what the shipping price would be to ship his T3000 to CA.  If it's under $200, that would give me a T3000 for under $900 which is still way cheaper than anything I can find around here.  Then I'd just sell my cyclone.  I know I'd get the $600 back that I put into it so I'm not worried about that.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 05:53:04 PM »
Nice upgrades. I live in western NY and prices here are similar to what you listed. Go figure NY and CA... high prices. Keep an eye out maybe a split top will come up for sale. Ive never shipped or paid for one to be shipped. AT would have a ballpark price for shipping from Philly to CA... maybe he will chime in.

Offline alaskan thunder

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 11:47:52 PM »
Cost to ship to Oregon from Florida was somewhere around 250-300 if I remember right. It was kind of a pain to do but I would do it again. I bet I could get a T3000 coin op shipped to you for about what you would pay for a non-coin, maybe even less. Maybe we can start a business, haha.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:51:24 PM by alaskan thunder »

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »
Hey AT, you are probably the best person to buy a great used Tornado table from.  You know what to look for and it has been tested by a True Pro!  With the US dollar exchange rate and being in Canada.  I am S O L!

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2022, 09:16:04 AM »
I'm in Columbia SC and trying to pick up a used T3000 coin op if possible.  Can't seem to find on Facebook Marketplace.  Anyone know of any used tournament tables?

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2022, 07:20:28 PM »
I'm in Columbia SC and trying to pick up a used T3000 coin op if possible.  Can't seem to find on Facebook Marketplace.  Anyone know of any used tournament tables?

Search FB for a foosball group or get in touch with a billiards establishment in your area that has foosball tables, ask if they have leagues or tourneys there. If you find the right people, tables will be for sale. Check this post, its old but may help:
https://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=1050.0