Foosball.com Forums

Thinking of buying a used tornado table. Not sure how much to offer

I am looking at a used grey marble table from tornado. I'm not sure what the model is but I believe it is a storm 2. It is coin operated and seems to be in good shape. The seller is asking $700. Is that a good price?

Re: Thinking of buying a used tornado table. Not sure how much to offer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »
You sure its a Storm II? I didnt know they made a coin version of that table but may have. Maybe its a grey marble T2000:
https://www.foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

$700 not a bad price for a T2000 if availability of used tables in your area is limited. $500 if a few table are available and/or they pop up more frequently.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 05:33:43 PM by ShopTeacher »

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 09:22:27 PM »
It would be great if you could post a link to pictures of table....people on here would quickly be able to tell you what model it is as well as point out any obvious concerns.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 02:55:25 PM »
Gray marble coin op is probably worth $700 if it's in decent shape. Those are pretty good tables. Just make sure there is no water damage or warping and that the rods are not rusted or flaking.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
Thanks for all of your answers. Based on what everyone is saying I guess its not a Storm but regardless, the seller stopped answering me. The table is still listed but since I cannot get a response, I am instead picking up a used storm 2 non coin op for $500 that seems to be in great shape. Not many tables listed and they've been going fast whenever I find them.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 07:41:00 AM »
Are there still tournament used T3000 tables available?  I am researching tables and about to buy new Shelti Foos 2 or 3 but would rather have Tornado if possible.  Budget is around 1500-2k.  Thanks

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2022, 07:15:00 PM »
Are there still tournament used T3000 tables available?  I am researching tables and about to buy new Shelti Foos 2 or 3 but would rather have Tornado if possible.  Budget is around 1500-2k.  Thanks

T3000s are available within (or lower than) that price range

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 12:39:46 PM »
I have found a non-coin op T3000 for $950.  It is about 4-5 years old and looks very good in pictures.  Is it worth that?  I just want for recreational play in our game room.  Or is coin op worth waiting for? Not sure of the differences.  Also, how hard is moving the table when taking top off and legs?

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
I have found a non-coin op T3000 for $950.  It is about 4-5 years old and looks very good in pictures.  Is it worth that?  I just want for recreational play in our game room.  Or is coin op worth waiting for? Not sure of the differences.  Also, how hard is moving the table when taking top off and legs?

Some people will really advocate for a coin op mainly due to increased weight and resale value. I have a T3000 non coin and have played on coin models and I cannot tell the difference but I am not a pro/expert. You can easily add weight to the inside of the cabinet if you feel it is necessary. Honestly, the ball return is much nicer on a non coin, you don't need to reach in and pick them off the rail.

$950 is not bad, not great, but definitely not a bad price especially for a T3000.

Moving it is a two person job. It'll fit in an SUV/minivan, maybe even a hatchback car (avoid if you have another option) but you may need to remove at least the 2-bars to fit in most vehicles.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 09:23:27 PM »
Thanks so much for the good advice. Think I will go ahead and get this one.