Foosball.com Forums

First table - casual user - Roberto Sport Scout?

Offline pbc

First table - casual user - Roberto Sport Scout?
« on: February 02, 2022, 09:24:52 AM »
Looking to purchase a used table for my 14 year old son to play with his friends in the basement.  Not looking for a Tornado sort of thing, just casual users but wanted a decently built one that isn't going to peel / look like cr*p in a year or two from maybe once a week use sort of thing.

Came across a gently used Roberto Sport Scout:

https://www.robertosport.it/en/prodotto/free-play-table-soccer/scout/

In beech color.  Seems to be "only" 110lbs.  But curious if the quality of the table will be decent enough otherwise, or should I be looking at tables in the ~130-160 lb range like the Roberto or Fabi/FAS "Home" models at a minimum?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:25:55 AM by pbc »

Re: First table - casual user - Roberto Sport Scout?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 06:07:22 AM »
Weight is probably not a good metric by itself.  I would still consider Tornado even if a "home" version like the Storm II.  Used tables do show up on FB marketplace and Craigslist.  Tornado tables are also the easiest to resell if your family loses interest.  The other big factor you did not mention was budget ....  At the very least try to find a Tornado table so you can compare to anything else you might look at. Gold standard is Coin-op but lower end used Tornado tables are still much better than most "department store" tables.

Offline pbc

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 07:08:29 AM »
Weight is probably not a good metric by itself.  I would still consider Tornado even if a "home" version like the Storm II.  Used tables do show up on FB marketplace and Craigslist.  Tornado tables are also the easiest to resell if your family loses interest.  The other big factor you did not mention was budget ....  At the very least try to find a Tornado table so you can compare to anything else you might look at. Gold standard is Coin-op but lower end used Tornado tables are still much better than most "department store" tables.

Thanks, in general here in Toronto, Tornado's simply don't come up, and when they do they're in the $1500-2k range used. Haven't seen any in the Greater Toronto Area in a year?

Budget is $500-1000 sort of thing, and typically what I see on Kijiji are:

- Roberto Sport, Longoni, FABI or FAS Home models ($700-800)
- Roberto Scout (~$500)
- Jett tournament ones (300)

- FAS (occasionally FABI, not sure if they are the same manufacturer) Coin-op models ($1000-1200)

Have seen on this site many folks mention they've never heard of FAS, which seems odd as at least here they are priced in the same realm as Roberto and Fabi.

https://www.faspendezza.net/en/products/calcio-balilla

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 07:16:26 PM »
Buffalo has a decent foos community if you don't mind driving 1.5-2 hrs and crossing a border... Look up Matt on 716 Foosball if interested, almost always has Tornado tables for sale