Foosball.com Forums

Used Table Worth It?

Used Table Worth It?
« on: May 29, 2022, 07:32:14 PM »
This Tornado coin-op table is being sold for $800.

Appreciate your thoughts if it is a good deal.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-R5Hp6B/

Re: Used Table Worth It?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 10:08:24 PM »
I think that is way too much for a 30+ year old table.  The parts are up-gradable to newest versions but that is expensive probably $250 ish  ?    I think $400 would be high side though if you paid a premium of $500 for immediate gratification that's not the end of the world. At $800 you can get a decades newer table that has current style men/parts but you may have to wait until one pops up.

Nothing to alarming in pics but you would need to inspect table thoroughly for any structural issues with cabinet, I would wonder about glue for sidewalls and laminate.  I have seen tables where adhesive has dried out causing walls to be "dead"  i.e. not much bounce. They can certainly last if not abused or stored in poor conditions.

Offline alaskan thunder

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstcoastfoosball
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 09:39:57 PM »
Looks to be in decent shape and has no apparent warping or blowout near goal mouths. I wouldn't pay $800 personally but prices have gone up a bunch in the last year or 2 so it's probably not too far off market price. Prices are also dependent on area (SE and Texas tend to be cheaper) If you can get it for $500 it's a great deal. Closer to $800 may not be a horrible deal depending on location and how bad you want a table. Once you start getting near that $1k price, you can get a much newer coin-op so for that reason alone, it's about the ceiling for that kind of table. I usually just shoot the seller a message and tell them "if you drop the price to ~$600, let me know as I'm interested". About 1/2 the time, they send me a message a few days later and say I can do $600. Then I go take a look at it, assuming they are close, and if it's pristine, I'll pay asking price. If not, I pull up the cost of parts and let them look at it. I usually can get another hundred bucks or so knocked off the price. That's how I've bought most of my used tables over the last 15-20 years.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 10:51:01 AM »
Seems pretty steep to me too. Nice looking table though. Did you end up buying it?

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »
The only thing this table is good for his firewood BUY a BONZINI

Ingram

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2023, 03:56:45 AM »
G Switch said:
I think that is way too much for a 30+ year old table.  The parts are up-gradable to newest versions but that is expensive probably $250 ish  ?    I think $400 would be high side though if you paid a premium of $500 for immediate gratification that's not the end of the world. At $800 you can get a decades newer table that has current style men/parts but you may have to wait until one pops up.

Nothing to alarming in pics but you would need to inspect table thoroughly for any structural issues with cabinet, I would wonder about glue for sidewalls and laminate.  I have seen tables where adhesive has dried out causing walls to be "dead"  i.e. not much bounce. They can certainly last if not abused or stored in poor conditions.
The amount seems to increase a lot.