Foosball.com Forums

Dynamo tension rods

Dynamo tension rods
« on: November 04, 2018, 07:45:25 PM »
Hey everybody. I recently acquired an older Dynamo foosball table (early-mid 80s I think) that is in need of complete restoration. Most parts seem easy to find, but my question is regarding the tensioning rods. The previous owner took everything apart, and I have no idea how to the tension rods work/get reinstalled. If anyone can inpart some of their knowledge on me I would appreciate it.

Re: Dynamo tension rods
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »
Anybody?

Re: Dynamo tension rods
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 05:59:27 PM »
Hey everybody. I recently acquired an older Dynamo foosball table (early-mid 80s I think) that is in need of complete restoration. Most parts seem easy to find, but my question is regarding the tensioning rods. The previous owner took everything apart, and I have no idea how to the tension rods work/get reinstalled. If anyone can inpart some of their knowledge on me I would appreciate it.

I realize this post is very old but I just got back into foosball after many years and purchased a vintage Dynamo coin-op table for my family, so I've been reading back through the forum to see if there's anything interesting to learn. Seems unlikely that the original poster is still looking for an answer for this, but I'll provide a bit of info in case anyone comes looking later.

My table has two tension rods (almost like truss rods) that run side-to-side, under the playing field surface. If you remove the drawer with the ball-return mechanism, you can see them running under the field surface, across the table like the rods. One end of each tension rod is terminated in a bolt (not sure of the diameter) and the other end has a locking nut, which I believe is the same size. I just tightened them to be firm to reinforce the overall table integrity. Not sure how much impact they have, but I believe my table was made in the 90's and it was within about 1/16" of being completely flat and square (assuming my floor is perfect).