Foosball.com Forums

Converting a coin-operated Tornado foosball table to free play

Converting a coin-operated Tornado foosball table to free play
« on: February 13, 2023, 04:31:53 PM »
I just purchased a Tornado Foosball table (it's a coin-operated model with a brown marble color) and I'd like to set it to free play. It has a "ESD" coin slot with four coin opening, two of which have black spacers/blanks. What size spacers/blanks fit here and can I just insert those to avoid inserting quarters going forward - or is there an easier method to do so?

Re: Converting a coin-operated Tornado foosball table to free play
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 12:21:25 PM »
You can add two more blanks..cheap enough. I added blanks since they came with the table i bought. You may be able to remove piece that blocks slide until quarters are inserted...?  It has been quite a few years since i looked at coin mech that closely. Some would tell you to just remove "ready ramp"  and block ball track but then you have to reach farther into table. The balls dropping on a tornado table is part of the experience in my opinion :)  so i do not like that approach.   

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 05:33:05 PM »
You can add two more blanks..cheap enough. I added blanks since they came with the table i bought. You may be able to remove piece that blocks slide until quarters are inserted...?  It has been quite a few years since i looked at coin mech that closely. Some would tell you to just remove "ready ramp"  and block ball track but then you have to reach farther into table. The balls dropping on a tornado table is part of the experience in my opinion :)  so i do not like that approach.

Thank you ...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 11:34:13 PM »
I just purchased a Tornado Foosball table (it's a coin-operated model with a brown marble color) and I'd like to set it to free play. It has a "ESD" coin slot with four coin opening, two of which have black spacers/blanks. What size spacers/blanks fit here and can I just insert those to avoid inserting quarters going forward - or is there an easier method to do so?
Tornado Foosball table is so great. I also want to buy it. And, sorry, I’m not sure about the size of the spacers/blanks for your ESD coin slot.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 05:39:49 AM »
If you want to reach further into the table, some people will urge you to just take out the "ready ramp" and obstruct the ball track. In my opinion, a tornado table's full potential is unlocked when the balls start to fall.

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 05:03:39 PM »

ESD "blank inserts" would work, but finding "OLD WHITE" ones for the older brown marble tables are a challenge.  If you have a newer coin mech with "NEW BLACK" ones, you can get a few more of these =>  https://shop.foosball.com/comeblin.html and swap 25cent inserts for blank inserts and you are good!

If you can't find "inserts" to do this.. you can sort of "break the mechanism" so that no quarters are needed and still use the push chute to vend a rack of balls at time.

Third option which was stated, remove the ready ramp and train the players to "reach in and down" onto the feeder ramp where you can reach foosball number 10, 11 and 12 (as first 9 balls maybe 10 won't be reachable).    A foos carpenter made this purchasable adapter for making it easer on newbies to find the balls if you try this "remove the ready ramp" option.  ==>> https://shop.foosball.com/frad.html