Foosball.com Forums

Newbie Ball Selection Question

Newbie Ball Selection Question
« on: February 02, 2024, 10:40:16 PM »
Hello.  I'm new here and to foosball.

My family recently picked up a simple foosball table and we're enjoying learning to actually play the game properly using proper shooting, passing, ball control, etc.  I need some help trying to purchase a decent ball that fits my table.

Through trial and error, I've learned that my table needs a 1.5" (36mm) ball diameter.  When I purchased quality balls they are often smaller and cause a lot of dead spots on my table.  I'm struggling to find 1.5" balls that are quality cork or textured balls.  The 1.5" balls I find are the junky hard plastic soccer style.  Can someone recommend a quality textured and cork ball option that is 1.5"?  I've seemed to search everywhere with little luck. 

Lastly, how do I search the forums on this website?  I couldn't find a place to search the forums before I posted this question.

Thanks in advance. 

Re: Newbie Ball Selection Question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 03:19:26 PM »
... Through trial and error, I've learned that my table needs a 1.5" (36mm) ball diameter.  When I purchased quality balls they are often smaller and cause a lot of dead spots on my table...

IMPORTANT NOTE about Dead Lines/Spots!!!
There are "dead lines" between every pair of rods.   If both men could strike the oversized ball... you have a "stalemate" or "impasse" and something has to give... be the men or players "wrists".  OUCH!

Given some time on the table.. you'll move the ball enough so that there is LESS time where the ball stops, and annoys folks.  The best tables all have "dead lines".  You'll get used to it!   If the ball dies in front of forward rod in in that goalies area.. the goalie get's the ball.  If it dies between midfield rods and forward rods.. the team last scored upon get's the server again from midfield!

Favorite Grippy but still good/faster rolling balls are ITSF B-Ball, Leonhart Pro Ball, Roberto Sport Roller-Ball... https://shop.foosball.com/foosballs.html

Cheers!