Foosball.com Forums

Need a hand identifying this table - TS?

Need a hand identifying this table - TS?
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »
So my father who is no longer with us gave me his old foosball table years ago when I moved out. I know he told me he had it since he was in his teens (late 70's as he was born in 1961). It is not a coin op - never has been. Everything about it looks like a Deutscher Meister or maybe Tournament Soccer,  the playing surface is smooth, and underneath it - on one of the goal boxes it says "Made in Taiwan." Aside from that, there are no markings/print anywhere to identify it by. It has the red/blue players with waffle feet, rubber handles, and the ball returns are on each end.

Can anyone help put a brand, model, and approximate date on it? I'm looking to sell it and have no idea what it's worth, but it hasn't been used in some time and we don't have the space for it anymore, but I don't want to mislead anyone since I'm not sure what brand/model it is.

IMAG0134 by srt4diggy29, on Flickr

IMAG0137 by srt4diggy29, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:44:46 PM by srt4diggy »

Offline alaris

Re: Need a hand identifying this table - TS?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:29:48 AM »
I agree, Looks very similar to Deutscher Meister, but with the "Made in Taiwan" it's not. No clue on the price. If you can't sell it I will buy the outside bearings. Good luck.

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »
srt4diggy,

You may actually have a first generation Tournament Soccer table. The first TS tables used the same Deutcher Meister waffle foot men, and from their beginning through the Quarter Million Dollar green top (before the blue and brown tops) they had the same light grey bearings, white score markers (I believe one side had red numbers and the other black or dark blue) grey rod caps and solid rods (DM were hollow), with the cabinets being made in Taiwan. If so, your table would be from 1973 or 74 and may have extra value to the right collector. Those waffle foot men aren't that easy to come by (ask Alaris!) compared to the more rounded, horizontal grooved feet seen on many common clones. Once the blue top TS came out, all score markers and bearings were black, so I do believe you have a nice condition early TS.

Tyler

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies! I really appreciate the help.

If I'm unable to sell it on craigslist, I wouldn't be totally against parting it out - I will post in the appropriate channel if that's the case with an update for anyone interested.

@Tyler, you are correct about the scoreboard pieces - one side is red, the other a dark blue-ish color, and the grey end caps, as well as the rods not being hollow (they feel much heavier than any newer tables I've played on).

There are a few pieces missing/broke - one of the blue team men (the right side defenseman) is bandaged up with what i think is white/beige hockey tape. He's been like that for as long as i can remember (at least 20-25 years). I believe a couple of the outer rod bumpers that fit on the outside of the springs (not sure if that's what they're called) may be missing, and I might be missing an end cap. Also missing one washer and nut for one of the legs - but i still have the bolt itself. 

For the most part, it's in pretty good shape - the corners on the blue goalie's end both have small cracks, and i think there's a crack begining on one of the corners on the other end. When the rods are lubed up, the slide very well - but since inheriting it, i've never taken the rods out to clean the holes they fit into.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
wow that looks just like my dads old table, except his was a coin op, no markings on it anywhere, the coin mech was removed before i could remember, i always figured it to be a deutch meister but never knew, had the same legs men etc. but the ball return was on one side in the middle, he gave it to my brother as i purchased a tornado coin op, wish i woulda kept it, for the memories if nothing else. keep us updated if you find out.

Offline MR.STEVE

• slowhand
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
the legs are TS for sure I say old TS...

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »
wheres this table at?

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
It's in Omaha, NE. I put it up on craigslist with some of the info that folks provided in response to my initial inquiry.

I have no idea what it's worth tho, so I just threw an arbitrary number up for price and stated in the description that I would be open to offers.

I apologize in advance if this thread isn't the right place to provide links to tables for sale.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/tag/2857077645.html

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »
Or if you were looking for a more exact location of where the table is, it's in my basement, kinda closer to the window.

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 05:38:31 PM »
lol no i was just wanting to know what state, if it was close to me i was going to make an offer, but im in wis. thanks anyhow

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:50:12 PM »
Someone put in an offer of $100 for the table. I have no idea what it's worth, or if I'd be better off "parting it out" - Is anyone comfortable pitching in their .02? (see what I did there? haha)