Foosball.com Forums

No notch in Cyclone II serving hole???

No notch in Cyclone II serving hole???
« on: December 12, 2006, 03:11:36 PM »
I'm the proud new owner of a beautiful Tornado Cyclone II that I brought home this past weekend.  After playing a couple initial games, I realized there's no groove on the inside of the serving hole for the side where the ball tray is.  The hole doesn't look any bigger than the other one, so I'm not sure if it was never there to begin with, or if the previous owner sanded the hole down to make the groove go away.  Anyway, it's kindof messing with my serving and I want to fix it.  I'll probably have to find some sort of router bit or something that I could use to make the groove. 

Has anyone seen a Cyclone 2 table with a missing groove before?

Anyone have any quick fixes for me?
Thanks,
Shawn

Offline Carp

Re: No notch in Cyclone II serving hole???
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »
I once bought a used coin-op with a broken sidewall.  I took the wall apart and made another one for it and carefully re-laminated it.  If you didn't know it was a replacment wall, you wouldn't have been able to tell.  I also did not groove the hole on the new wall.  Just a thought, your table may have had something similar done to it.  There are router bits available to create the groove.  I would use a laminate trimmer style router, and make a round template(guide) to make the cut.  Clamp the template perfectly centered over the hole so you will have a guide so as not to go too deep.  You could do some test holes first, making sure you have the router set just right, and the template(guide) is right.  I am a Trim Carpenter, and I know it can be done.  Good luck!

Re: No notch in Cyclone II serving hole???
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »
Thanks for the pointers.  I wonder if my sidewall has been replaced???  HMM...  Well, like you said, I can't even tell if it had been.  I'll have to try a laminate trimmer router like you've suggested.

...If I can ever stop playing it long enough!

Thanks again