Foosball.com Forums

2007 "Jimmy V" NC Foosball Open (Bonzini) Updated Info

2007 "Jimmy V" NC Foosball Open (Bonzini) Updated Info
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:58:09 AM »
We have added 17 and under event that carries ITSF ranking points. It will take place on Saturday at 12:30. Also, we will have a guest speaker on Saturday from the V Foundation to kick off the event. From the feedback I am receiving, we will have a pretty large and diverse field of players.

Be sure to come out for the St. Patty's Weekend of fun

Our hotel room allotment is filling up fast. If anyone has difficulty reserving a room, please give our office a call.

2007 "Jimmy V" NC Foosball Open
March 16th, 17th and 18th

$2,000.00 in Cash, prizes and trophies
Fat Daddy's Restaurant
Raleigh, NC
ITSF Master Series Event
Hosted by the Powerkick Team of Raleigh, NC and Cribbs Inc.
Designated Charity: The V Foundation
Check out the events calendar at http://www.jimmyv.org

Host hotel: Hampton Inn
                6209 Glenwood Ave
                Raleigh, NC
                (919) 782- 1112
The Hampton Inn provides shuttle service from RDU Airport for those flying and is located just 20 yards from the tournament site. Please mention the Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour events for the players room rate discount.

*ITSF rules will be in effect only in Open Division events and WD and WS. ITSF points are awarded in those events only. Post tournament discussions with each of our player associations will take place concerning future use of the ITSF rules in Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Tour events. We will look together to identify the pro's and con's and decide our future involvement. I will forward a brief statement to each of our player associations to share my opinions. However, it remains the players game and tour to grow and be entertained with.

We do plan to have a small tournament event at Fat Daddy's prior to the NC Open to answer questions about the new rule changes and to play an event under those rules. That date and time will be announced later.
Log on to http://www.raleighfoosball.com

As with any Bonzini U.S.A. event proper dress is required. We do encourage sports wear in the form of warm-up suits but it is not mandatory. I'm asking the 2006 Bonzini U.S.A. Foosball Team to wear their uniforms to give the others an idea how they look and feel while in competition. We expect a good amount of media coverage and attendance from local sponsors so let's look sharpe.

The goals of this event are to raise funds for the V Foundation, compete for titles and prizes and to work together building our organization. We will have extra officials on hand to help answer any questions about the rules transition in Open Singles and Doubles and our Ladies events.

Play will be on the B-90 tables with the heavy legs and leveller set-up. These tables were used at the VA States and received good reveiws from the players.

Look for the tournament poster for this event next week at www.bonziniusa.com.

We look forward to seeing everyone for our first event of 2007.  8)

Alan
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:03:32 AM by Alan Cribbs »