Offline Daniel

Favorite Table
« on: April 28, 2005, 12:29:15 PM »
Everyone want to know what is the best table so vote your fav. :P

Offline SumnerH

• No spinning, have fun!
Re: Favorite Table
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »
The poll question is different from the subject.  I answered Tornado in the poll.

I play on Tornado, but I don't necessarily think it's the "best".  It's just the table that the biggest tournaments in my area are played on, and it's a good table.  Actually, if the man on the Shelti had a slightly narrower foot I'd say that's the best table I've played on.  But I'd still use Tornado day-to-day, because that's where the competition is--having perfect equipment with no competition is far worse than having good equipment and good competition.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 03:39:27 PM »
bump

Offline Daniel

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 03:33:59 PM »
Tornado is the best!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 03:11:13 AM »

Bonzini  :o

Competition is strongest in NC and Virginia.

Plus we get to throw the profits from table sells back to player promotional events.

Alan

wittw

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 04:49:10 AM »
I learned on a Shelti Pro Foos III at my old College, but I play on a Tornado Cyclone II at my current College.  I found Shelti to be a great Intermediate model, with slightly slower play, and wider feet, but Tornado, in my opinion, is still the best.

Easy

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 11:18:02 PM »
I'm from the old school of foosball. Nothing beats a good Rene Pierre. Back in my tourney days in NC and VA, that's all we played on. Sure would love to find a good table with some folks who knew how to play. :)

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 11:18:57 PM »
Easy,

Where did you play RP in NC?
Where are you located now?
Most of the old RP players are now playing on the Bonzini U.S.A. tour.
You'll have a hard time trying to find parts for RP tables. We get quite a few calls each week about parts for RP.

Check out http://www.bonzinusa.com. You may see some familiar faces.
The companies operated by former RP players.

Alan Cribbs
336-325-3183

Easy

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 08:50:23 AM »
Easy,

Where did you play RP in NC?
Where are you located now?
Most of the old RP players are now playing on the Bonzini U.S.A. tour.
You'll have a hard time trying to find parts for RP tables. We get quite a few calls each week about parts for RP.

Check out http://www.bonzinusa.com. You may see some familiar faces.
The companies operated by former RP players.

Alan Cribbs
336-325-3183

I'm from the Goldsboro, NC area but we also played alot in Kinston, Greenville and VA Beach.

I didn't realize folks were still playing at this level till I found this site. This is great to see. Last time I played was back in 95 while taking some classes at Wayne Community College, where they had a decent RP table in the student union. Of course, there was no competition but it still was a blast to play. I drew a large crowd while playing because they had never seen anyone play like that, eventhough I felt like I was playing with two broken wrist...lol

I doubt that I could be too competetive in tournament play now, but I sure would love to give it a shot. There's nothing like the adrenaline rush you get just before playing some good competition.

I took a look at one of the doubles tournament videos off the Bonzini site and it looks as things haven't changed at all. Looks like the Bonzini is an exact replica of the RP.

I saw where there's gonna be a tourney at Fat Daddy's in Raleigh in 2006. Just so happens that the manager there is an old friend who was the lead singer in a band that I was a part of years ago. If I could get some table time before the tourney, I'd love to check that out, if both of my wrist aren't still broken....lol ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 09:18:51 AM by Easy »

Easy

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 09:03:20 AM »
Hey Alan, I just noticed that we're about the same age and also see where you're located in Burlington. You may have heard of some of the bands that I was a part of "back in the day". Pegasus was the rock band that the lead singer is now the manager of Fat Daddy's. The last band I traveled with, for about six years, was Super Grit Cowboy Band. Man, those were the days! Who knows, we probably crossed paths and may have even played against one another at some point in time.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 07:23:58 AM »
Easy,

You're giving me some flashbacks now.
I remember Pegasus, Brice St. and Arrogance.
I played at the ATTIC in Greenville. Won my first NC State in 1981 there.
Won a few tournaments at Pantana Bob's in Greenville. Won a couple of tournaments at the TreeHouse. I'll actually be in Kinston this Thursday delivering tables to North Carolina Billiards. I grew up in Burlington and played at Max's Gameroom. We probably did cross paths. I now live in Pinnacle, NC at the base of Pilot Knob off of Highway 52.

Competiton is still good and we have had steady growth over the past 7 years. We take a little different approach to foosball with Bonzini U.S.A. If you're ever headed to a Bonzini event, shoot me an e-mail. We have a good audience of seasoned players along with a good up and coming young players. Ego's and attitudes are checked at the door with Bonzini events. We do a lot for local charities and at the sametime try to build a solid foundation for the growth of foos. Totally different concepts from mainstream foos or what we experienced in the late 70's and early 80's.

The Bonzini company sued RP for copying their design. I didn't really know the whole story because I had completely gotten out of the game around 1991. The Bonzini table is pretty superior to RP with the quailty of construction materials. It plays solid and has great banking ability. Bonzini gave us the opportunity to represent their product in the U.S. back in 1998. It was suppose to be a hobby, but kinda grew into a solid business. I'm glad of my past experience with foosball and hope to translate what I learned back then into a thriving foosball future for those that prefer the Bonzini style of play. I'm also surround by a lot of experienced players that keep me grounded.

Give me a call sometime and we'll trace out the past.

Alan

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 09:33:16 AM »
I learned on tornado, but the shelti was pretty cool. totally different feel.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »
bump

Offline Daniel

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 02:41:35 PM »
It's that time of year again were people are looking for a gift for x-mas and this question is ask what is the best table.

Offline Daniel

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 03:13:10 PM »
How many other tables are there?